PDA

View Full Version : DCEmu Prize Giveaway: Big Bang Mini

Darksaviour69
February 27th, 2009, 09:55
Big Bang Mini is a fast paced shoot’em up that puts a new spin on classic arcade style gameplay, all wrapped around a fireworks theme. Your objective is to navigate your ‘ship’ through a brilliant array of lights, dodging intense streams of firework debris as it rains down on you. Defeat waves of challenging enemies by deploying fireworks and performing combo attacks. Big Bang Mini will be released in the UK on the 6-3-2009, for the Nintendo DS.

http://www.dcemu.dreamhosters.com/pics/d/750-4/NEW_bigbang_LOGO.jpg

To celebrate the release SouthPeak (www.southpeakgames.com) and DCEmu have teamed up to give away 3 Big Bang Mini games and a Nintendo DS the prizes are:

1st: Big Bang Mini and a Nintendo DS

2nd: Big Bang Mini for the DS

3rd: Big Bang Mini for the DS

http://www.dcemu.dreamhosters.com/pics/d/757-2/NY_Ingame01.jpghttp://www.dcemu.dreamhosters.com/pics/d/754-2/HK_ingame01.jpg

To enter this contest all you have to do is to post a reply to this news post and answer the following question:

If you could make your own universe (your own "Big Bang"), what would you change?

You may only post your answer once, and duplicate entries will be disqualified from the contest. This contest is only open to residents of the UK only (sorry to all our members outside of that region).

This contest will close on Friday the 20th of March 2009.

If you want to post a reply to this post but do not qualify for the contest e.g. live outside the UK please post "I'm not entering the contest" thanks

Winners will be chosen randomly from qualified posts and contacted via PM on the DCEmu forums and E-mail. If a winner does not respond within a week a new winner will be picked at random from the other entrants. No purchase necessary. One online entry per person (one e-mail address per person/address). Entry constitutes agreement by winners to be publicized and permission to use each winner's name for the purposes of promotion of the Contest without further compensation. Contest void where prohibited. Odds of winning dependent on number of entrants.

RV2006
February 27th, 2009, 11:20
If you could make your own universe (your own "Big Bang"), what would you change?

I would ensure that there were no n00bs.
Ever.

Warpedflash
February 27th, 2009, 11:50
I would have everyone able to customise their own bodies (replaceable parts like spore)
i would also have it so your hands and feet are completely detached from your body (a la rayman) :) it would allow people to show their creativity or lack off to the world :D

robman84
February 27th, 2009, 12:29
Hmm.

* Free, eco friendly electricity so i could power all my gadgets.

* Humans come with a built in 3.5mm headphone socket so I don't keep having to buy replacement earbuds when I break mine.

* Something about peace and harmony too.

* And endless cake. I like cake.

Category
February 27th, 2009, 13:04
I would only make 2 changes -

1- Perpetual motion would work.

2- All asteroids would be made of custard. Imagine the tasty excitement when one fell to earth!

DrBlue
February 27th, 2009, 13:16
- Beer rain.

- The core of each galaxy should be a giant chocolate covered raisin (maybe it already is, who really knows...not me, that's for sure).

ShiftyBoy
February 27th, 2009, 13:42
Wow so may possibilities with this one!

Firstly I would have a reset switch so if I messed the whole creation thing up I could restart and get it right.

I think ultimately I would spend most of time trying to improve this currently reality, point of view guns instead of death dealing firearms, share out the worlds wealth fairly, that kind of stuff.

Oh and I would have Spider Powers, and have mastered the art of ukulele playing as well!

b_simpson1999
February 27th, 2009, 13:43
If you could make your own universe (your own "Big Bang"), what would you change? I would change it to make a machine to look back in the past not to change it) make it better for history lessons when I use to be at school [a long time ago] lol

ojdon
February 27th, 2009, 13:48
I would make an "open source" Universe, everyone could add their little bit into making the perfect world.

My Universe would be the equivalent to Linux! :cool:

unigamer
February 27th, 2009, 15:32
Simply I would have more time to sleep. And eat.

Jeric
February 27th, 2009, 15:51
First and foremost I don't live in the UK, so therefore I'm ineligible.

With that out of the way lets see:

Peace, Justice, ensuring sentient life cannot procreate unless the parents are capible of properly raising the child? Laudible goals, and all things I'd consider if I'd been put in the position of head hancho.

However if I had to create a universe then walk away here is what I would do.

Make the human body have more ball joints. You know, like those bionical figures and most action figures used to have? not just the hips and shoulders. Elbows and knees too, probably wrists and ankles if I could swing it (the neck, well there's firm biological reasons the neck is the way it is, namely that there's nerves in the middle and thus a ball joint would be suboptimum anyway).

Oh and out there, somewhere, I'd have a naturally occurring rock formation that, when viewed from an airplane, would read.

'Kilroy was here.'

This in rock that dates back to paliolithic man, which would cause EVERYONE to scratch their heads and theorize about why someone would write this IN ENGLISH thousands of years ago. Said speculation would probably include aliens, time travel, or the like.

And i would laugh.

LlamaNerds
February 27th, 2009, 16:36
independent control of personal gravity.

I.E. - free and independent flight capabilities.

Penguinator
February 27th, 2009, 17:07
I would make Pokemon exist.
Now THAT would be awesome.

I'm not entering the contest.

adekunle
February 27th, 2009, 20:18
i would make more then one inhabitable planet so earth would have some neghbours to share material and different foods with

SamGoldfield
February 27th, 2009, 20:25
Well, taking a page from a few chapters of Schrödinger and Freud and the general idea of 'equilibrium':

We all disagree about 1 common thing, we all agree about 1 common other, and we all may decide how exactly our lives turn out.

Paradoxical, sure, but it's my universe, isn't it?

Intruudir
February 28th, 2009, 07:22
I would distribute the worlds wealth world wide...

goan02
February 28th, 2009, 17:49
one word, humans

Exoherus
February 28th, 2009, 18:00
I would replace all the males in the world with hot babes.

I would also replace all of the stars planets in the universe that we dont need with super food planets full of the most delicious food ever.

Triv1um
March 1st, 2009, 19:37
I would make it into a LittleBigPlanet type universe.

So everyone can upload their little worlds, and anyone can run through them.

cdc1991
March 1st, 2009, 20:36
I would change lotsa things!

I would irradicate the need for currency and make enough of everything for everyone. So, FREE PSP'S FOR EVERYBODY!!! :D
I would make immortality possible.
I would give every living thing a set of wheels. Including trees.
I would give myself Neo-like powers. But who are you to complain when I gave you a set of wheels?
I would make a bridge between planets, so everybody could holiday on Jupiter. Which is now called Tony.
I would make me the competition winner. ;-)

Ooh, subtle :P

Malksta
March 1st, 2009, 22:53
My people will spend their years training until one day, a battle royale, only the strongest will survive and the victor will get to have a training session with yours truly and will have the chance to battle me to become the new leader

Anger
March 2nd, 2009, 01:52
simple, i would change the gravitational constant of the universe (hey i watched startrek ok?), making it far easier to get around. :)

Izowiuz
March 2nd, 2009, 10:56
First, I would enslave and destroy all of the original Abba band members.

Then, all the followers of the Abba Cover Band Satanic Cult would be torn to pieces and shatered around the Universe.

"Abba" would be made into semi uber god of Darkness "Abba'toh the Star-spawn"; eating children, spreading death, misery and RRoD's around the Earth.

And finally, pie would be obeyed.

Uk only xD Well, that means "I'm not entering the contest"

Samus Aran
March 3rd, 2009, 20:52

well i would change the universe so that all evil and bad people should live on a planet that suits them e.g. evil would live in a place that no good things ever come into contact with the evil therefor creating a nice lovely world for the good of heart and truthfell biengs

cartwright
March 3rd, 2009, 20:54

I would make nature interesting! Trees could be used to play games, grass could make you a cup of tea.....good stuff!:D

Buddy4point0
March 5th, 2009, 01:38
I would change this competition to be allowed in the United States so that my entry would be valid.

Epedemical
March 5th, 2009, 03:36
A universe where gaming hardware can be updated through the internet, not just software. (i.e. Buy a DS, then when the DS Lite comes out, just select system update on the menu and watch your DS magically transform into a DS Lite.)

That'd be awesome.

(Can't enter cuz I live in USA)

amsleeping
March 6th, 2009, 17:51

I would first make a big reset button. Then, give Earth a bigger orbit, 18 moons and 3 suns, as well as a friendly blackhole, controlled by a giant white clickwheel, to defend Earth from alien invaders.

legs21
March 6th, 2009, 18:47
Simply I would have more time to sleep and I would make me the competition winner

stephmcuk
March 6th, 2009, 18:55
I would make England bigger so we can all have more land and bigger gardens :D

Baggio18
March 6th, 2009, 20:03
Would probably try and get rid of all insects and bugs for a start!

mrxmas
March 7th, 2009, 07:35
that i was able to chat to people while moving around

origamiguy
March 7th, 2009, 21:08
I would make a massive reboot button.

I would make all n00bs go to a Gamers Training camp by law.

I would make people use apostropes properly.

I would make "?" boxes a reality.

And I would make the laws of probability significantly weird such that I can actually win a competition.

:thumbup:

RuthMarianna
March 7th, 2009, 22:50
I would ensure that all criminals faced poetic justice and I would make time move eratically and not chronologically.

jxx2005
March 10th, 2009, 05:10
i would change
gravity
it wouldnt remain constant, but wouldnt get dangerous
and the gaming industry, release date is more fixed, major fines if they do change it LOL

lalamb
March 11th, 2009, 22:24
1) All paedophiles would self destruct.

uglifruit
March 14th, 2009, 00:47
I would add more colours.

And I would make PI = 1 (for the sake of convenience).

I would also make the planets and other stars a bit closer together.

cambop
March 14th, 2009, 17:31
I would evolve humans to be able to breathe under water and have a natural swimming ability (Mine is non-existent and am too much of a scaredy cat to learn!)

trugamer
March 15th, 2009, 00:46
I would make it so there were two worlds, the matrix and the real one. Everyone could do whatever the hell they liked in the "perfect world" matrix while being able to return to the normal world for that realism we so desire.

poodle1977
March 15th, 2009, 13:53
Well that's easy.
I would make it impossible for people to gain weight no matter how much they ate.
I would love to live in a universe where I could stuff my face full of McDonalds, Curry, Chocolate, Cakes etc and never put on a pound.
SURELY such a place exists???

Oh, and there would be absolutely no snoring, nose picking or farting in my universe ;)

Ulrika1
March 16th, 2009, 17:45
Death, pain, fear banished - pleasure being the dominant emotion = happy days!:cool:

Gilla01
March 16th, 2009, 21:51
I'd keep it the same, but leave out the people.

nixnjj
March 16th, 2009, 22:49
All children would have off buttons and new technology would come with an implant that makes it easy to understand. Housework would do itself

lisaell
March 17th, 2009, 13:10
That rain would fall more in afica, so that they could live better.

Syphen_Freht
March 17th, 2009, 14:00
I don't know. It'd be nice to live in a world where one wouldn't have to worry about their children growing up in a negative, violent environment. You know, like how most RPGs are supposed to end. So I would create a universe where that could be a reality, not just a dream.

And there would definitely be more time in the day to do all of the things I can't seem to do in a 24 hour period.

chr1sbean
March 17th, 2009, 17:33
I would want everything to be made of sweetes and biscuits, like a cross between hansel & Gretel and Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory!

But if there were any witches or oompa-loompa's then i would make sure they get persecuted, do not let their little sizes and songs fool you - oompa-loompa's are just as evil as witches!:eek:

babyface
March 17th, 2009, 21:05
Not - entering contest.

I would sure make it more spectacular than the so called big bang theory - more like the bible version. Now that was special!

http://photosnag.com/img/3314/n09x0302vnsn/clear.gif

pc1974
March 18th, 2009, 20:44
people would only have to work five hours a day and nobody would be homeless

juliepink
March 19th, 2009, 08:27
My world would be made from, pizza chips and cholate, every kitchen would have slush puppy bubble gum flovor on tap, and game consoles would be given out free by the goverment :o, no one woul get fat as we would all be having way to much :thumbup:.../£$$

Lb364
March 19th, 2009, 15:26
I would have all these little planets which you could walk around inside of as well as out, they'd be transparent like those zorbing balls and you'd be able to float over to your neighbours planets without fear of your head exploding! And there would be loads of chocolate ;) except it would grow on trees and be incredibly healthy :)

blondecaz
March 19th, 2009, 15:38
I would make the week 2 days long and the weekend 5 days long! I think the proportion of time that is weekend at the moment is all wrong! :)

mcdougall57
March 19th, 2009, 16:34
What would I change? It should be what wouldn't you change. So first of all I think I'd change that question. Then world peace, love.. yadda yadda, all that sappy shit....

Twimfy
March 19th, 2009, 16:41
I would like my big bang to explode and then implode and then repeat to the rhythm of the Rez soundtrack.

Vulcan
March 19th, 2009, 18:42
I would change... nothing. Our Universe has balance. And with off-set balance, there is chaos... There must be a balance of Happiness and Misery... but, regrowing limbs, telekinesis, and signals other than pain that we feel so that we know that something is wrong with our bodies wouldn't be so bad :cool:

NickM
March 19th, 2009, 21:20
All Green!

twirlywhirly
March 19th, 2009, 23:23
I would change first the controls so they would be multi coloured laser lights, More safer than fireworks but an amazing Kaleidoscope of Colour My Big Bang could make real laser shapes reflecting from the control to the screens to make the greatest Bangs of all times as they crash into each other making a cascade of weird & wonderful shapes,luminous colours,psychedelic patterns, new discovery of colours & shapes as the colours burst into each other making sounds of unheard music only first heard at my Big Bang as they meet head on,Dancing singing powerful enchanting multi coloured exploding lights!
A Big Bang not to be missed!

carolgreenwood
March 20th, 2009, 01:24
if i made a unniverse i would have 2 earths and shove the idiots onto onne so that we would have peace

Darren Cross
March 20th, 2009, 01:31
id have a star wars universe, give me a light sabre baby

jubilee
March 20th, 2009, 09:35
I would install rewind and fast forward buttons. These buttons could not be used too much though, there would be restrictions on their use but it would mean the worst of times could be gotten over quicker and the best of times relived!

basilb
March 20th, 2009, 22:41
"If you could make your own universe (your own "Big Bang"), what would you change? "

I'd make everything pretty much the same, apart from some of the laws of physics to do with light and time. This would mean in a modern time like the 20th Century, people would be able to put satellites out into space that could view the past on Earth.
Then not only could you prove how things like 9/11 happened, you could also go further back and see how religions really got started ("He met God on the mountain?").

Darksaviour69
March 21st, 2009, 01:32
Contest Closed

winners will contacted soon

JushinLiger
March 23rd, 2009, 11:20
My Universe would miss the closing date. DOH!

ghuqu
March 31st, 2009, 04:36
The sky would always smell like roasted marshmallows.