PDA

View Full Version : Halflife?

Gryzor
February 10th, 2006, 09:15
Hello people,

Can I ask a question about a Halflife cdi or will it be considered as warez-talk and I will be subsequently banished from the face of the earth?

Cheers
Gryzor

Darksaviour69
February 10th, 2006, 09:40
well if you ask where to get it, the topic will be locked, but you can talk about, as long as the post are kept legit

Gryzor
February 10th, 2006, 11:03
Well, I already have it; but I'm not sure - since it was never released- if talking about it it legit or not.

My issue (a pretty newbie one I guess) is that the ISO I've got, which is supposed to run fine, does not; not when I mount it on my PC and load it with Chankast, nor when I burn it and load it in my DC. The system just drops me to the dashboard, so I wanted to ask whether there is something I could check/do about it.

If my asking is not permitted, then please accept my humble and sincere apologies - after all the DC is one system I buy originals for...

Cheers
Gryzor

PS Rez - ooh, I need find a copy to buy...

Darksaviour69
February 10th, 2006, 11:32
well we can't help use getting it working. but you asked in a very nice way ;)

Gryzor
February 10th, 2006, 11:45
Ahhh well it was worth trying though. Such a shame it was never released... I'm so desperate to play it...

Thanks for letting me know nonetheless!

Cheers
Gryzor

tris666uk
February 10th, 2006, 20:18
Sorry about this. You don't really want to play this for the DC. I mean the loading times are massive and it loads once every 2mins. Plus its really buggy. The plus side though is the different character models that aren't in the PC version. I suppose you could just see what it looks like but not go through the whole game. Best just to play it on a PC.

Gryzor
February 13th, 2006, 07:56
Hello - thanks for your reply; I know it was not a finished product and hence not very functional, and still buggy, but I just wanted to see it on my DC... Thanks anyway :)

Cheers
Gryzor

Tomlo
March 9th, 2006, 03:12
I have it and have yet to see any bugs the loading screens are a tad long but not unbearable and there are extra levels in the DC version, I definately think its worth playing only drawback is its challenging to play with one analog stick. If anything the pc version is much more buggy because of the different Operating Systems, hardware, and software that have to be supported, on DC everthings the same. Theres no random crashes to the blue screen of death.

Cast128dreams
March 9th, 2006, 19:22
I have the game.Well sometimes it freezes but the game is very good.I finished it with no problem at ALL.Also the first time i saw the game was in my Dreamcast.So i enjoied it DOUBLE!!!!!...

Full Metal XL
March 29th, 2006, 17:01
I got it as well, and haven't had any problems with it. I dunno...Maybe the ISO is bad?

I'm new and this was my first post. Hope I was allowed to say that... :D

NightLord
April 1st, 2006, 20:32
I played Half Life (but have as of yet STILL not finished it :P) on a 400Mhz PC, and loading times were 10-30 second-ish.

Is that roughly how long it takes on here? Thanks :)