PDA

View Full Version : Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max US ver

wraggster
February 11th, 2006, 09:33
Success HK (http://www.success-hk.com/affiliatewiz/aw.asp?B=112&A=50&Task=Click) have posted that the US version of Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max is now out:

http://www.success-hk.com/item_photo/item/PSP-fighter-L.jpg

An improved version of the furious third entry in the Street Fighter Alpha series. A gameplay mode new to the Street Fighter Alpha series, Variable BattleMode, has been implemented to allow real-time tag team brawls. Tag out and the second fighter enters performing a jump attack, a move useful for escaping tight situations. Yun, Maki and Eagle, as well as Ingrid from Capcom Fighting Evolution, enter the arena exclusively in this PSP edition, with all new original storylines. Versus battles heat up with the Wi-Fi League Battle Mode that allow a maximum of eight players to duke it out in round-robin mini tournaments.

http://www.success-hk.com/item_photo/item/PSP-zero-X2.jpg

More info at Success HK (http://www.success-hk.com/affiliatewiz/aw.asp?B=112&A=50&Task=Click)

MadMonkee
February 11th, 2006, 10:33
Is this 2.00 only?

Pumped'Up
February 11th, 2006, 14:50
Is this 2.00 only?
unfortunately, yes it is. :(

aries2k4
February 11th, 2006, 15:37
If its 2.0 thats not that bad, i can always upgrade. But I thought street fighter 3 needed firmware 2.5?? IŽll never go higher than 2.0. No way..

Elsid
February 11th, 2006, 15:40
Someone's gonna crack 2.6, for all those 2.6 gamers, they should be well pleased but Sony will be very unhappy if that's the case. we all got our fingers crossed on Fanjita.

geise69
February 11th, 2006, 18:16
I bought it 2 days ago and it IS firmwre 2.5. There is no way to play it at the moment unless you wanna upgrade to 2.5 or use firmware 2.0 and use either flashmod v2.0 or pspsetx. I heard pspsetx runs it but there is no sound. I'm affraid that we are gonna have to wait a little longer and hope flashmod v3.0 for 1.5 will add support for more 2.5 firmware games or the next mph firmware launcher will run 2.5 firmware games. I'll just be patient and see. With taxes coming I could get another psp but to me that's just throwing money away.

shadowprophet
February 11th, 2006, 18:45
I like my sf alpha and all, Its one of my fav titles of all time.
But between the controll issues you know that are gonna be preasent,
And haveing to go to fw 2.5.
(plus the screens ive seen. it just doesnt look quite :confused: I dont know:confused:
graphicly well done, I guess kinda grainy)
Even mighty street fighter, just isnt worth it.

I guess i'll stick to the ol psx version:(

geise69
February 11th, 2006, 19:28
The best version of Street Fighter Alpha/Zero 3 I've played so far is the import Sega Saturn version. It's even better than the DC version. If you have a Sega Saturn and a 4 meg ram cart I would hunt that version down. Blows away the PSX version.

Corona
February 12th, 2006, 00:11
This is one if the must buy games for the year.
As soon as this comes out in the US, I'm gonna ditch my emulators and homebrew and buy this.

ArugulaZ
February 12th, 2006, 00:44
Better fire up that 2.6 update, then! It was released last Wednesday, and I picked up my copy earlier today.

JR

ace_t
February 13th, 2006, 09:48
The best version of Street Fighter Alpha/Zero 3 I've played so far is the import Sega Saturn version. It's even better than the DC version. If you have a Sega Saturn and a 4 meg ram cart I would hunt that version down. Blows away the PSX version.

This man speaks the truth!. Now if only there was a decent Sega Saturn Emu out there...

geise69
February 13th, 2006, 14:22
This man speaks the truth!. Now if only there was a decent Sega Saturn Emu out there...

There is one emu called Cassini that is a hacked to crap version of the old Giri Giri emulator that is now dead. It runs good but I'd stay clear of it and use the amazing emulator called SSF Here is the authors web page. http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~phantasy/ssf/index.html It runs most games full speed, but you'll at least need a 3.0 ghz p4 or a fast processor that supports SSE to really get the most out of it. Just try it. You won't be disappointed.

fpcreator2000
February 13th, 2006, 16:14
This is the best version of street fighter alpha 3 i've played. Whatever animations where missing from the console editions, they got them all here.
The controls could be better, but I got somewhat used to them. Just wish it could have come with an infrastruture mode. I ditched all possiblity of homebrew (for now), and upgraded the system.

I hope Capcom would bring 3rd Strike, and Hyper Street Fighter II also to the system. I would buy both even if they run on version firmware 3.xx.

NOTE: Yun, Maki, and Eagle are not exclusive to the PSP edition of Alpha 3, only Ingrid. They also appear in the GBA edition of Alpha 3.

shadowprophet
February 13th, 2006, 16:39
We used to be able to use the excuse.
comercial gameing was so lacking on the psp.
But as it seems comercial gameing is getting better and better on the psp.
Plus with sonys forced updates, ite getting harder to play newer releases.
I know some people went out and got multiple psp's for just this very reason,
Its not the price with me its the praticailty of it.
one psp enough for me, one person.
Sure im in the holds of deciding, homebrew or comercial gameing, ( again),
But that will always be the case.
Ive reflected on this, and untill the psp is nearing the end of its lifespan, I dont see sony slowing up on the firmware updates.
However I do see as time and talent has proven again and again.
Every firmware will one day be exploited, or at least downgradible/upgradeible to a point somthing can be done with it.

All untill the golden monent happens.
What is this golden moment?
I see the golden moment for the psp, as this near life's end bang for the little guy, Once sony has moved on to the psp2 or whatever it will be called at that time. And forced firmware updates are no longer being released/ forced upon us, When the final homebrew solution has been released for the psp that covers all or a majority of firmwares, and yet allows one to play most comercial games , and homebrew as well.
That will be the true golden moment of the psp.
This day will come, and even tho it seems unreasonbly far off, the clock is ticking and time waits for no one:p

Ps. ive always wondered, the 1.5 exploit works on a save stat exploit right?
I could be wrong. But how come we cant come up with like a dummy save file that will load for a game that most people already, have like a hacked save file or somthing ? I dont know it may not even be possible,
Peace out ya'll ;)