PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Advises to Buy DSi Early

wraggster
March 3rd, 2009, 18:35
Nintendo has advised people to buy a Nintendo DSi early, as demand could easily outstrip supply during the busy festive period at the end of the year.

Recent Christmases have seen Nintendo's hardware top the must-have lists, with stocks of the Wii falling short of demand consistently since its release in 2006 – and it looks like it could be a similar situation with the soon to be released Nintendo DSi.

"I always advise people to buy early," Nintendo's UK general manager David Yarnton told The Times in a recent interview, picked up by gamesindustry.biz. "One of the things that people don't seem to understand is that factories are producing constantly; they don't peak and trough. So we're producing product all the time, but then everyone wants it all at the one end of the year. It's just so hard to try and keep up."

Retailers are already reporting huge demand for the new handheld, the third iteration of Nintendo's DS hardware that introduces multimedia capabilities. It's slated for an April 3 release in Europe, with a US launch coming two days after.

http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/958/958610p1.html

JushinLiger
March 4th, 2009, 11:42
Of course Nintendo will tell everyone to buy a DSi early. They're more expensive then.

LazerTag
March 4th, 2009, 16:56
Being a DS own already (lite version) I simply have not seen anything that makes me want to give the Bin "N" another huge chunk of my money.

Had I not owned the Lite or maybe if I owned the original DS itself might have pushed me to the DSi but .....

luminouslight
March 5th, 2009, 01:25
Being a DS own already (lite version) I simply have not seen anything that makes me want to give the Bin "N" another huge chunk of my money.

Had I not owned the Lite or maybe if I owned the original DS itself might have pushed me to the DSi but .....
I know, I feel the same. That and I am rather disappointed in the quality of most of the games that come out for DS and I don't see how that will really change.