PDA

View Full Version : MAP THIS on slim w/5.00m33-4 and where to put everything

Joe Spicer
March 3rd, 2009, 20:44
I have searched but cant find what version of map this to put on my slim w5.00m33-4 and where to put everything. I would appreciate the help if someone can.

Thanks

Nieko
March 4th, 2009, 08:08
In one of the stickies you can find a link to the Map This! wikibook. You should find everything you need there. If after that you still have questions, do ask in the appropriate thread.

rkreidel01
March 4th, 2009, 14:31
did you get the info you needed? i am alos looking .. thanks

andreq
March 4th, 2009, 20:04
For both of you :

"Installing mapthis" :

Just like any other homebrew application...

1. Get the application...(normaly a zipped folder)
2. Unzip in "psp/game" OR if specified "psp/Game380" "psp/game150"
3. Launch app from PSP game menu.

vivian4u
September 19th, 2009, 21:57
i need link to download ...

Erland
September 23rd, 2009, 04:35
I might as well add to this thread...

I have the following:

1 x PSP Phat TA-079v1 + 5.00 M33-6
1 x PSP Slim TA-085v1 + 5.00 M33-6
1 x PSP-290

MapThis v5.20 - Art
MapThis v5.20 - Deniska
MapViewer v5.20 - Nieko

Maps by Google.

==============================

When I put MapThis on my PHAT it works without issue. Within seconds of turning on the GPS it has already have at least 3-5 SAT's in view. It takes a minute to get a fix but it works.

I will pull the same memory stick and put it in my SLIM MapThis works but the GPS State is always set to off. I cannot get the GPS to turn on with my SLIM. This same setup with no changes used to work on my SLIM but for some reason it's not working now.

======================================

Is there something I'm missing to get this working on the SLIM?

How many SAT's does it have to get before it will get a FIX? I know once it gets a FIX it only requires at least 3 SAT's to stay operational.

binhusc
September 27th, 2009, 21:35
Is there something I'm missing to get this working on the SLIM?

I don't know...

How many SAT's does it have to get before it will get a FIX? I know once it gets a FIX it only requires at least 3 SAT's to stay operational.

Yes, you need at least 3 sats fixed to get the signal triangulation and get your position. With more sats, more accuracy you will have. Mapthis only show you sats with fix status when get the first 3 fixed.

andreq
September 28th, 2009, 13:42
Sometime ago people were talking about fixing some "Keys" to get the GPS working.

Also you might have to look for USB prx or whaveter.... I can't really help you on this one as It work flawlessly on my Slim.

You might try to search on deniska forum for key fix or psp-290 you'll find some thread explaining how to get it working.