PDA

View Full Version : Analyst: One In Three God Of War III Buyers Don't Own A PS3

wraggster
March 3rd, 2009, 21:51
God of War III could truly be a killer app for the PlayStation 3, as one analyst's data indicates that one in three potential buyers of the game don't own the console yet.

Speaking to Gamasutra, OTX analyst Nick Williams suggests that a price drop is in order before God of War III hits retails store shelves, as data indicates a substantial number of potential purchasers who have yet to invest in the newer console.

The launch of God of War III in late 2009/early 2010 will mark a pivotal moment for Sony. But in order to ensure that this game is a hardware sales driver, the cost of the base-level PS3 will need to be in the same ballpark as the Xbox 360 and Wii. According to our latest consumer tracking study, only two in three people who plan to purchase God of War III currently own a PS3."

If their numbers hold true, it could either mean a substantial jump in PlayStation 3 sales towards the end of the year, or less than expected sales of God of War III if too many players still can't scrounge up the cash.

http://kotaku.com/5163641/analyst-one-in-three-god-of-war-iii-buyers-dont-own-a-ps3

DPyro
March 3rd, 2009, 22:06
If they really want the game, they'll pay. The only reason they're holding out is because they think a price drop might happen.

royvedas
March 4th, 2009, 09:53
Whats up with that God of War hype? To me the game just seems as "a rich man's Devil May Cry" - can that really be an object of hype?

Well I guess it can.

lmtlmt
March 4th, 2009, 11:03
correst answer, i personally wont be buying it though.

Accordion
March 4th, 2009, 14:15
Whats up with that God of War hype? To me the game just seems as "a rich man's Devil May Cry" - can that really be an object of hype?

Well I guess it can.

have you played the first two?

I didnt think much of it when they were released, but I found both games extremely fun to play with production values way beyond most current gen games.

If the third can match the previous games its not to be missed

nomi
March 4th, 2009, 22:26
"a rich man's devil may cry" this game is far beyond what i ever expect a dmc game to ever shell out. The first 2 were amazingly enjoyable; you never wanted to leave the game. If this game match 1 and 2 it will easily be the killer app of sony.

another reason:
have you realized most exclusives are usually fps's.. this is another genre altogether.

royvedas
March 5th, 2009, 07:13
I agree on the production values. To me it still just seems like a shallow buttonmasher - which of course can be fine and fun to play in short bursts. I just can't hype this kind of game, but all your points are of course valid.

Thanks for the replies.