PDA

View Full Version : MPH Firmware Loader 1.4.0 Released

wraggster
February 11th, 2006, 19:37
MPH (http://mphwebsite.tuxfamily.org/index.php?program=15) has updated his Firmware Loader for the PSP to v1.4.0, heres whats new:

v1.4.0 :

- New graphic interface
- Install / Uninstall firmware with interface from an eboot.pbp or a flash0 folder
- Copy flash1 files automatically
- Language support
- Corrected some bugs

"Installation :

- For 1.00 firmware : copy MPHFL (in 1.00 folder) to PSP/GAME folder of your memory stick
- For 1.50 firmware : copy MPHFL and MPHFL% (in 1.50 folder) to PSP/GAME of your memory stick

Put files of flash0 (data, dic, font, kd et vsh) and flash1 (dic, registry et vsh) in ms0:/ (folder of your choice, default : ms0:/flash0 and ms0:/flash1) (see Firmware convert tutorial.txt in zip)

Run MPH Firmware Launcher."

Download via comments (thanks to patrickvas for the heads up ;))

b8a
February 11th, 2006, 20:24
Wraggster, I couldn't find this listed in the left hand column of the top page... Is there any reason that, at version 1.4.0, it doesn't deserve to be listed there? Come to think of it, MPH's downgrader (or any other downgrader flavor, for that matter), isn't listed either...

migsgiz
February 11th, 2006, 20:43
can i play sfa3m with this? if so how,can anybody help with a step by step (thks)

chrisrulz555
February 11th, 2006, 21:23
What do firmware loaders actually do?

Sumo X
February 11th, 2006, 21:29
Take this as a warning, but this is ONLY my personal experience.

I've never gotten the firmware launcher to work before. But I tried with this one....I put the 2.0 eboot in my root and used this program to install the firmware (necessary before you can emulate it).

After a bit of a wait, it said it was installed, so I went to launch it. It kicked me back to the main menu with an error message. I thought maybe I had done something wrong.

This erased ALL of my save data and most of my homebrew (it deleted the firmware launcher itself!). I lost everything that was important to me (was working on my own lua game...that's gone now). So be VERY careful and back up your stuff before you try this.

kaoss-b
February 11th, 2006, 23:47
The same stupid cuestion I always do, and maybe the question that a lot of users are waiting..
Does GTA run on this version???
Anyway Excellent work

geise69
February 12th, 2006, 04:52

I've never gotten the firmware launcher to work before. But I tried with this one....I put the 2.0 eboot in my root and used this program to install the firmware (necessary before you can emulate it).

After a bit of a wait, it said it was installed, so I went to launch it. It kicked me back to the main menu with an error message. I thought maybe I had done something wrong.

This erased ALL of my save data and most of my homebrew (it deleted the firmware launcher itself!). I lost everything that was important to me (was working on my own lua game...that's gone now). So be VERY careful and back up your stuff before you try this.

Yes I had the same thing happen to me. Luckily I have everything backed up on my pc. Yes people use this with caution. If you install a firmware with this don't uninstall the firmware through the MPH firmware launcher. Manually delete it.

Voltron
February 12th, 2006, 05:45

Thank you for this. I'm sure you saved quite a few people from having similar issues.

y0gz
February 13th, 2006, 10:23
The last one was much better, everything done manually, nice job anyway. :O

omniosiris
February 13th, 2006, 15:16
argh...I can't get this to work..i've followed the directions exactly, and i've had no problem with the older versions? has ANYONE got this to work?

Mustang
February 15th, 2006, 08:03
I spent FAR too much time last night trying to get this working : no joy, best I can manage is a long pause then power off when launching the two test FW - 2 and 2.5, the software seems to think the firmware is installed ok, clearly it isnt.

I only used auto-install as I cant find any clear instructions on manually breaking up the extracted files anywhere (I tried this before < 1.4) : there is one but no matter how precisely I follow the instructions I can't seem to get it working.

I'll give this another try @ 1.5.0 lol

Mustang
February 15th, 2006, 19:16
Got it working !

I couldnt give up and wanted the browser real bad lol

Here's what i did :

Stuffed the 2.5 eboot in the root of my stick -

Reset PSP settings to default and setup the PSP name, local time again etc - but changed nothing else.

Load up the 1.4.0 launcher, install firmware : pointed it at the eboot and let it get on with it.

Launched firmware straight away without any other messing about and this time it was a lot more promising !! The memory stick access light flashed like mad and it loaded !

My WI-FI dongle arrives tomorrow so will test functionality then, but the browser sure as heck loads !!

Good luck guys.

Madonion
February 15th, 2006, 19:50
Ok im getting abit peed off at the mph dude. I know of three ways of getting this thing to work.
Firstly the mph way which NO ONE can get to work. Then the dude above me, which i dont know if he is lying :P.

and then the way i normally do it. Follow the link.http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?p=311617#post311617

Mustang
February 15th, 2006, 19:59
Kick ass man : wish I had instructions like that pre-1.3.0 and maybe i could have got it working before now....I wasted in total about three evenings bashing away at it (oo-err)

I'm honestly not lying - i'm amazed I got it working at all, had more or less gave up on it, then spotted a couple of nice pointers over at pspupdates : people who had been using the fake updater method.

Just out of interest people try the first method (it is only resetting your locale and suchlike, nothing major) if that fails try Mr Onions method : looks almost bang on and just from reading these instructions I think I can see why mine might have fell on it's ass :D

Madonion
February 15th, 2006, 20:06
Haha mustang :D. Im gona try your way quickly. Can you also just press L + R + start to quit the firmware to go back to firmware 1.5? :D

Ok i just tried your method and it works. With the older mph fake firmware loader that woudnt have worked :D . I dont have wiferless internet so i cant test the internet.
Great job.

MadMonkee
February 15th, 2006, 20:29
WTF Browser on this is even worse than the MPH u5 release. The older ones at least just froze on two occasions;

Clicking on text boxes
Re-entering the address bar again on the same page

This one freezes no matter what you do. You click you freeze, you wait you freeze, you enter an address you freeze.. I'll recommend the old firmware launcher's u5 version still.

geise69
February 15th, 2006, 20:41
Yeah I was excited about this release till i tried it. I eventually got it to work, but it really does nothing except load the firmware. I tried 2.0 and 2.5 firmware. They all loaded, but you can't really do much but try the web browser which really doesn't work. The older releases were better. I'm happy he's still working on this though. This does not load UMD's either. You'll have to wait and see if Miemt11 or someone does and unofficial release to add that support.

Mustang
February 15th, 2006, 21:24
L + R + Start quits the firmware ? err (scuttles off to try this new found knowledge out - long pause..sound of footsteps banging back to the pc ...) just L + R seems to do it for now.

Sorry to hear of the problems - i'll see how mine performs and if it's rubbish then it's back to the drawing board as i try and manually get this working....

At least it does sorta work and I hear the next version has more actual changes to the engine rather than just the frontend / GUI....

alphonzo
February 27th, 2006, 18:51
In FW 2.0 Video work, Music Not Work, Photo not Work, Browser can't save bookmark
In FW 2.5 Video not work (only sound play), others same like above.
I think I'll wait another update then.

lowride
February 27th, 2006, 19:07
Does the browser work? Can you surf the net?

Maxdamantus
March 4th, 2006, 21:07
I'll try browser as soon as I find a 2.0 upgrade, dont wanna use 2.5 incase I accidently do something wrong and install it to the flash drive (2.0 can be downgraded.)

Edit: I tried installing 2.6 on MS, tried to launch, got a black screen for about 20 seconds, then Psp turns off (not sleep, like holding it down for 5 seconds.) I can't even find the firmware while browsing the MS on my PC, I'll see if I can find a place to download the flash drives..

0431578975matt
March 8th, 2006, 08:54
I Installed 1_5_Custom_Firmware_MediaEdition1a succesfully But firmeware wasnt any different

CheeseMan
March 10th, 2006, 05:56
I think I found out the real problem. When you launch a firmware your wireless internet has to be on. If its off the psp will turn black and shut off. But if its on...BINGO! Thats the only way I can get it to work.

CheeseMan
March 10th, 2006, 20:08
program works great you just have to have the wifi on and then launch the firmware.

d1774n
March 17th, 2006, 13:03
i have

NoQuarter
March 22nd, 2006, 09:44
Any step by steps for using the browser, it keeps freezing for me

nomi
April 3rd, 2006, 13:19
Where DO U GET the flash1 and flash0 Files!!!!

nomi
April 5th, 2006, 13:55
How do u launch this program!!!! how to do the firmware stuff I DONT GET IT Plz! help ME

pkmaximum
April 5th, 2006, 14:18
In firmware launcher 1.4 it gives you the option to install the firmware on to the memory stick so all you have to do is stick the eboot.pbp file in the root of you memory card and then when you load up MPH firmware launcher click install firmware. And then it will intall the flash0 and the flash1 folders to the root of your memory card. Also its critical that you take the wab version changer (firmware tricker) off otherwise it will not work. For the web browser I would have to say if you are using the new 1.4 version its more than likeley not going to work. But if your using the 1.3u5 edition it will work and only freeze on some occasions. I hope what I said helps.

July 17th, 2006, 17:43
yeehaw This is sweet.

pepegomez
July 17th, 2006, 17:57
yes but u can also use devhook which i recommend

pkmaximum
July 18th, 2006, 03:41
This thread has been dead for some time now there is no need to revive it. After all we have dev hook and the mph team from what I last heard is obselete.