PDA

View Full Version : DaedalusX64 Beta 3 WIP News - Nintendo 64 Emulator for PSP

wraggster
March 4th, 2009, 18:53
Kreationz (http://daedalusx64.com/index.php?topic=779.0) posted this news concerning the next Beta of the N64 Emulator for the PSP:

Sorry, I haven't posted here in a long while. With Beta 2 successfully out the door over the weekend. I thought it was time for an update from myself as far what my plans are for Beta 3. I wasn't as active this time around, except in the background this time around, but Howard and Strmn's work was amazing. Having fallen way behind, I plan to start on the new GUI (a Coverflow kinda of GUI with some extra ideas I had.) I also am going to try to get as many of the bugs in the Bug tracker closed as possible and take a look at why Async audio is unstable. Finally, I am going to look at making all the Buffers Dynamic based on ROM size, PSP type, etc... Howard plans to move at least part of the CPU to the ME. Wally and Salvy are going to make sure the Microcodes are correct. Not sure about Chilly's or Strmn Plans, but I know Strmn, plans on some code clean-up. Well that's it for now enjoy the release. Don't know when I'll update this next, probably when I get started on the parts I plan on working on.

What would you like to see addressed in future betas of DaedalusX64 ?

Buddy4point0
March 4th, 2009, 21:33
Seams like what they're doing is going smoothly. I love new builds.

Mew
March 5th, 2009, 00:01
they do a great job!!

theotherfreakyguy
March 5th, 2009, 01:03
I'm really happy with what they've done. Even on my PSP Phat, which has less RAM, it works great. I guess my first choice would go to perfecting Zelda OoT, though. Mario 64 works great, now with OoT we have two great games!

Epedemical
March 5th, 2009, 04:05
Banjo-Kazooie needs some speed up

F-Zero used to work but has been getting worse and worse with every new update and now the graphic issues have made the game basically unplayable.

I'd like the constant screen flash problems in the Army Men game series to be looked into also.

Other than that, these new updates are great to see and Daedalus is getting much faster now. It's awesome and I hope the great progress continues.

stanfy86
March 5th, 2009, 06:25
i would say wi-fi multiplayer, but im sure thats asking a LOT :S

agree with getting OoT working FS, that would be epic, but i know optimizations to the emulator in general are priority.

keep up the good work.

that1guywiththeface
March 5th, 2009, 20:21
They should try to get more games to at least start, like the Turok games and Kirby TCS.

GrimGOd
March 27th, 2009, 14:00
I would really love to see you guys to get 007 Goldeneye to run smoothly that would be so kickass
oh and a lil more work on conkers bad fur day i love that game and to think i almost just went with tearing apart my N64 and making it into a portable one thank you guys for saving yet another original N64 system i love your guys work so please keep it up and get those old games up to speed PLEASE :(