PDA

View Full Version : NXE becomes mandatory 360 upgrade

Shrygue
March 4th, 2009, 19:59
via MCV (http://www.mcvuk.com/news/33427/NXE-becomes-mandatory-360-upgrade)

After its successful rollout last year, Microsoft is to make NXE a mandatory upgrade for 360 users wanting to play the latest titles on their machines, according to reports.

NXE, or New Xbox Experience, was released last year and completely overhauled the Xbox 360’s previous dashboard ‘blade’ system. It also introduced avatars to the 360 experience, as well as hard drive installs for games.

After its successful rollout last year, Microsoft is to make NXE a mandatory upgrade for 360 users wanting to play the latest titles on their machines, according to reports.

NXE, or New Xbox Experience, was released last year and completely overhauled the Xbox 360’s previous dashboard ‘blade’ system. It also introduced avatars to the 360 experience, as well as hard drive installs for games.

royvedas
March 5th, 2009, 07:03
That's just pissing on the Xbox360 Core owners with a 64Mb memory card. "Yeah we promised, but... you know".

Darksaviour69
March 5th, 2009, 10:17
I thought MS where giving away bigger Memory cards to core owners for the update

Eviltaco64
March 5th, 2009, 10:32
I really don't like NXE.
I wish they still had the older theme as an option.

Darksaviour69
March 5th, 2009, 10:36
personally NXE > Blades

Eviltaco64
March 5th, 2009, 11:38
Well, you can do more with NXE, but that's as far as it goes for me.

beetroot bertie
March 5th, 2009, 12:25
I don't mind NXE at all really. It was getting clear that the older format was becoming crammed with overlong lists etc. You can always just use the guide button to use it in a similar manner to blades.

With regards to the free memory cards that were being offered, I don't think they're doing it any more.

DKing
March 5th, 2009, 16:36
I preferred the old interface but being able to install games and play from HD makes it completely worth it. Best feature ever!

ExcruciationX
March 6th, 2009, 03:34
I hate NXE a lot. Just looking at it pisses me off. :p

pibs
March 6th, 2009, 04:40
personally NXE > Blades

yep! That ATHF theme was enough to get me to like the NXE.

I agree though, they shouldn't be shoving it down peoples throats. If they end up making it a requirement, the least they can do is lower the game prices to $50 since piracy will be less of an issue.