PDA

View Full Version : The Silliest Acessory for the PSP so far is ...

wraggster
February 11th, 2006, 21:05
Whats the accessory for the PSP that is the silliest you have seen since the launch of the console, is it the XCM Waterproof Bag or is the UMD Cleaner, or is it the PSP TV adapter that you have to totally dismantle your PSP to install.

Lets have your answers via the comments.

wraggster
February 11th, 2006, 21:32
for me the XCM Waterproof bag is the king of the daft releases, but whats yours ?

mrbob3
February 11th, 2006, 21:38
not quite a release but now i own a psp i think the daftest thing you can now get is a nintendo ds.............lol

blip
February 11th, 2006, 21:51
Nyko Theatre Experience - $80.00 - p.o.s.

The waterproof bag was definately the first to mind, but after that? I think is the Nyko theatre experience thingy, I bought one of these impressed by the battery and sound, only to find out that the sound was crappy, (with a white noise hiss/feedback) and the battery was self draining, ( to power the horrible speaker noise.) So here is a dinosaur sized case that doesn't sound or look good and the battery is far less than ideal; and certainly didn't live up to the 2-3x claims. In fact I couldn't get even one solid charge from this case.
I of course returned this autrocity.
I replaced this with a pelican power brick, and headphones I already owned, I've never been happier.

3rd place was the Psp port protecters/ (those little rubber nubs meant to "protect" the usb/audio/power ports on the psp.) These are often given away as an extra in certain bundles, and also sold seperately in some packages and auctions. I acquired a set of these with a bundle/ and have never found time to use them. Who covers the ports to their psp only to uncover/recover them between uses? Direct to trash.

ArugulaZ
February 11th, 2006, 22:07
not quite a release but now i own a psp i think the daftest thing you can now get is a nintendo ds.............lol

You'd better stick with ninjitsu, Uncle Miltie.

Do those dumbass firmware updates count as an accessory? Then I'd like to nominate those.

JR

pakkman781
February 11th, 2006, 22:44
IMO, it's all these PSP to TV adapters. Why would you want to hook this portable device with a great screen, to a big screen, with a sub-par connection.

2nd place goes to UMD Movies. Why do I want to buy over priced movies that work on only one device? I'd rather get regular DVDs, save up money for a 1-2Gb Memory stick, and use handbrake to move the movies to my PSP! I know, the legality is questionable, but it's a legitimate act. It's not stealing from anybody...

RedKing14CA
February 12th, 2006, 00:06
PSP Plugs! those are pretty dumb to me, some look ok, but others.... do they come in pink? LOL

Voltron
February 12th, 2006, 00:11
Probably gonna have to be the Waterproof bag.

RedKing14CA
February 12th, 2006, 00:19
hey, dont disrespect surfers with a passion for gaming!

Latioug
February 12th, 2006, 00:43
or you could just join the miltary and buy whatever the hell you want!!
;-)

HeX
February 12th, 2006, 00:53
I dont like the screen protectors, not only do they add another layer of plastic between you and the real screen but they distort colors and are hard to apply without geting air bubbles, why not just get a nice case and not touch the screen? The waterproof bag is kinda usful in my eyes, I mean come on whats wrong with protecting your psp from water, but then again if your going to be near the water its best to just leave your psp at home...

Tromedlov
February 12th, 2006, 04:04
The PSP soft case that comes for free with the PSP but is sold for $20 at stores

shiftybill
February 13th, 2006, 06:53
all of the hard cases for the psp like the logitech one, theres no shock\drop protection and no padding at all,
heres the one i have i use it all for games to watching movies, the only time it comes out is when im charging it or using L and R alot.

http://images.allinteractive.com.au/slicks/2.130705.jpg

shadowprophet
February 13th, 2006, 15:06
About the water proof bag.
Wouldnt a zip lock bag look just as dorky,
and just as well:confused:

MaxSMoke
February 13th, 2006, 16:34
I dunno. If I was say, a Soldier in Iraq, and somebody was nice enough to send me a PSP, but as soon as I got it the damn thing got some sand in it and was totally messed up, I wouldn't personally be thinking that Waterproof bag was such a stupid idea.

Or, let's assume you're NOT involved in a war currently, but you wanted to head towards the beach. Sure, you could avoid the water, but that doesn't mean some of that water couldn't come to you as you were chill'n at the Beach. Not to mention ocean mist. My sister managed to completely destroy the auto-focus in my first video camera, just because of the ocean mist. All it takes is just a littlest bit of salt water vapor to short out any electronics for life. And the PSP has plenty of openings for that.

So, well most of you seem to be hate'n on the Water Proof bag, consider for a second that Water Proof bags are useful for more things then just going underwater. And PSP-Radio is still the best Homebrew app ever made. 'Nuff said.

shadowprophet
February 13th, 2006, 16:47
Not that its water proof thats a good idea.
Whats silly is a zip lock bag is much cheaper and would work just as well :p