PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Resident Evil 5 Has Unlockable Home Stuff

wraggster
March 5th, 2009, 21:56
Capcom, and pretty much only Capcom when it comes to third party PlayStation 3 retail games, continues to support the Home Rewards system. Like Street Fighter IV you can earn virtual items for your avatar by blasting zombies, mutants, and chainsaw wielding horrors. This feature, first announced for Japan, will also be in the domestic release so you can loiter in a Chris Redfield or Sheva Alomar costume. Details on how to unlock the items were not revealed.

I’m not an achievement hunter or a trophy collector, but juxtaposed to the other systems Home Rewards sounds better since you get stuff. Virtual trinkets yes, but at least these are things you can play with. Then again I’m not much of a virtual world explorer either so I can’t see myself getting much use out of an avatar costume. Perhaps, other publishers could expand on this concept by taking a cue from mobile games and offer unlocking console themes. A special NXE dashboard and PlayStation theme for beating Resident Evil 5 without dying would be a neat treat.

http://www.siliconera.com/2009/03/05/ps3-resident-evil-5-has-unlockable-home-stuff/

Ultima Chocochu
March 6th, 2009, 00:51
I think it's nice that a company is supporting Home
Despite the fact I rarely touch it, I'd play it for 10 minutes to check out the stuff XD