PDA

View Full Version : Site Downtime

wraggster
February 13th, 2006, 15:36
As far as i know there was someone attacking the servers on this network, worse for me is that we lost 30 hours due to this, now we have installed measures to stop this and ban IP numbers plus should we get a good lead as to who is doing it then legal preceedings will take place.

But i have a mass of releases to post and i need to get cracking so heres the start of a newsfest :)

Sterist
February 13th, 2006, 18:45
same thing happened to www.gamerplug.com, accept they were down for almost 3 weeks and had to remake the site from scratch, including threads / posts / screen names -- EVERYTHING was gone.

Voltron
February 13th, 2006, 19:09
DOOM on anyone trying to bring harm to this site. I noticed the downtime but was confident that the site would return with all its glory.

wraggster
February 13th, 2006, 19:18
this site aint going nowhere, i invest too much of my time and energy to let anyone beat me ;)

EngPSP
February 13th, 2006, 19:56
I was confused about why the site was down, thanks for teling us the reason

NeoXCS
February 13th, 2006, 20:22
I figured it was an attack. PCSX2's site was down along with DCEmu. They came back about the same time. I hope whoever did it pays with their life! Ok, maybe not that drastic, but you get the picture. :D

geise69
February 14th, 2006, 13:04
Yeah it's sad when there's a site as awesome as this that really helps the psp scene, but there are really bad sites that supposedly support psp emulation and homebrew, yet this site gets attacked. Anyways, Wraggster I want to tell you that what you do amazes me. Keeping up with this and all your other sites every day seems like a pain in the ass, but yet very gratifying. I appreciate all your work and I know some crap like this isn't going to stop you.

Martin
February 14th, 2006, 15:18
Just a little correction: The server DCEmu is on was never attacked, but a different server, so none of the DCEmu network sites were targetted. The downtime on this server was just a regular server crash, and it would have been back up online quicker if it wasn't for the server company and their horrible support as of late, the server that was actually attacked is still down because they ignore my support tickets. :mad:

SmashinGit
February 15th, 2006, 07:21
Thanks for the hard work, is the server thats still down why I can't get onto http://www.vg-network.com/ ?

Martin
February 16th, 2006, 06:57
SmashinGit: Yup that's why. We're trying our hardest to get the sites up and running as soon as possible but the server company support guys aren't exactly speedy.