PDA

View Full Version : New Retro Sonic XG announced for Dreamcast port!

ojdon
March 6th, 2009, 19:36
Taxman, from Retro Sonic fame has announced today that he is porting his latest project, RSXG to the Dreamcast. Even though the port is coming later than the PC/Mac and Wii version, it is still very exciting for Dreamcast users!

Source: SFGHQ Forums (http://www.sonicfangameshq.com/forum/showpost.php?p=107562&postcount=43)

Ok, for all the Dreamcast fans/nuts out there, I've decided to go ahead with a DC port for RSXG. It won't be out the same time as the PC/Mac/Wii version though since it requires more tweaking than a Vanilla port.

As with the previous DC port, I have to retool the graphics to use hardware rendering instead of my own software library in order to get the full 60fps speed, and there will probably be minor graphics differences as a result. But hey think of it like Earthworm Jim 2, the graphics for that game looked different between Megadrive/Snes/Saturn etc.

Basile
March 6th, 2009, 21:42
Wow ! This is very good news !

Cast128dreams
March 6th, 2009, 23:55
Thats GREAT news..THANK YOU we are waiting to play your game

dcdood
March 7th, 2009, 13:10
This is great! waiting for a long time! One of Dreamcasts Better DirectX Games :)

Cast128dreams
March 8th, 2009, 09:48
OMG i tried the Demo game on my PC!!!This game is like ORIGINAL.Its like sonic team develop it!!!

Eviltaco64
March 8th, 2009, 15:14
That's nice to hear!

I used to play the demo game as well. It's plays almost exactly like the original Sonic games.

And as usual, it's nice to see that the Dreamcast is getting some attention. :)

law56ker
April 14th, 2009, 06:28
Wow this is awesome, I just had played the demo.

Christuserloeser
April 17th, 2009, 09:37
Most awesome news since the RetroSonic demo got released.