PDA

View Full Version : US Drug Czar Targets Gaming Skills In Anti-Pot Ads

wraggster
March 9th, 2009, 23:39
The United States government is going after gamers in its latest "Above the Influence" anti-drug ads, warning potential pot smokers that their gaming skills may suffer if they choose to get high.

The ads warn that "many of the skills required for winning a background, defeating an opponent, [and] beating games" can be hindered by hitting the bong, a claim that many "never play sober" gamers are likely to contend. No longer will you simply be slovenly, slothful and regularly stained with Cheetos dust, you're going to suck at Halo.

http://kotaku.com/5166985/us-drug-czar-targets-gaming-skills-in-anti+pot-ads

vatomalo
March 10th, 2009, 01:43
i hate to be awfully honest, but i dont smoke all that much, but used to smoke tons of hasj.... and well i think i almost never lost a game of tekken5... i have played against a very big variety of people, and i think this is bullshit, we actually smoked before we were gonna try a new game, and sometimes it seemed like we were even better... so as long as they cant prove it scientifically i dont give a d*** what they say... and anyways its hard to know what to believe in, ive done alot of thinking, and if pot is so bad, why is not alcohol illegal??? even prescription drugs are worse then pot.... maybe they just want us to buy more spirits......

vatomalo
March 10th, 2009, 01:45
why does it always have to be about winning? doesnt people like just to play the games??? shrugs

Liquid Swords
March 10th, 2009, 03:22
Wow, this totally makes me want to stop smoking weed...

In all seriousness, does anyone really give a shit that they're worse at videogames when they're high? The fun is what really matters, and if you're still worried about winning, you need to smoke more.

They should do more ads like the one where the little girl falls into a swimming pool. That one actually made me feel kinda bad (I don't have a little sister, though).

Sterist
March 10th, 2009, 03:55
lol!

this pot smoker is first place in the world for the hardest gun to aim with in Resistance for the ps3 ;)

proof:

www.myresistance.net

click on Stats at the top of the screen

open the drop-down and select Chimeran weapons (or something like that)

click on Auger

there you will see something like:

1. Sterist
2. Lorama

with 20 additional pages showing the world´s top 500

El Stefio
March 10th, 2009, 05:56
It always made me better at Wipeout games, and less likely to hurl a controller across the room when I failed at any of the others....

apex05
March 10th, 2009, 17:38
I always got my best lap times on Gran Turismo when smoking, it was like i had more thinking time through the corners to get it right.