PDA

View Full Version : Consoles Still Overpriced Says Activision

wraggster
March 10th, 2009, 19:33
The current generation of consoles are excluding themselves from a mass-market audience due to their excessive price points, according to Activision's Bobby Kotick in a recent interview with Reuters.

"The price on platforms today has still not gotten down to mass-market price points," said Kotick in the interview, picked up by gamesindustry.biz. "I think when you're in the economic circumstances that the world has found itself in, there really is a difference between a $199 game system and a $299 game system."

Kotick went on to outline how the company would adjust its philosophy in regard to the Wii, saying, "In the past we approached the Wii as an extension of what we were doing on PlayStation and the Xbox and I think we can do a better job of creating original content for the Wii, and I think you'll see more of that this year."

Activision has three new franchises planned this year, as well as a new Call of Duty from Modern Warfare developer Infinity Ward and a multitude of entries in the ever expanding 'Hero' franchise.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/960/960773p1.html

mike_jmg
March 11th, 2009, 04:56
If you make something that people think is worth it, they'll pay for it. Even in this economic circumstances

Ennohex
March 11th, 2009, 12:21
Overpriced....blah.....economic....blah.

Whatever game they're making, they're still gonna charge twice the price for the console version compared to the PC one.

That, on a system that's more difficult to pirate for and with concrete specifications for all users.

Make your game half the price of the PC version therof, and we'll chat again.