PDA

View Full Version : NeoCDPSP v0.9.1 (NeoGeo CD emulator for PSP)

wraggster
February 13th, 2006, 21:15
Zelurker (http://www.rainemu.com/html/archive/tux/neocdpsp.html) releases another update to yoyofr’s original NeoCD PSP v0.5 NeoGeo CD emulator.

Here’s what’s new in this release:

This fixes a stupid mistake in 0.9 which was breaking many games using the raster interrupt like aof2 at any speed other than 100% and viewpoint intro.

Download Via Comments

Illegal Machine
February 13th, 2006, 21:51
THE best emulator out now.

bar none!

Accept NO substitutes!

chrisfile
February 13th, 2006, 22:01
Super Sidekicks 3 still doesn't have any green playing field in the game. It is like you are playing in the middle of the air. I hope this can be fixed. Thanks

chrisfile
February 13th, 2006, 22:39
Nevermind. I got the game Super Sidekicks 3 working good on the other NeoGeo CDZ Emulator which I think is alot better than this emulator. The games play alot faster also on the other emulator. Nice try though.

Voltron
February 13th, 2006, 23:21
Just tried this and it is awesome. This works for 2.00 PSP's like a charm. The background music not resuming after pause on games like Pulstar & Ironclad has been fixed but I noticed it just starts over. So if the level BG music is going, everytime you pause the game and resume it will reset the music rather than resume. But this is better than not playing at all like before.

All-in-all, this EMU works so good that I have not even tried the CDZ EMU. Great job Zelurker. Thanks for the continued updates and dedication.

jaredz123
February 14th, 2006, 00:40
I love playing metal slug on my PSP!

KerryKing
February 14th, 2006, 00:57
In metal slug my screen goes black when I load level. I can hear the music but cant do anything.

slayer2psp
February 14th, 2006, 01:45
THE best emulator out now.

bar none!

Accept NO substitutes!
ill second that the snes one is crap next to this

Madonion
February 14th, 2006, 02:41
Mine doesnt wanna work i get a Error while processing IPL.TXT.# :(
Some help would be nice.

Voltron
February 14th, 2006, 03:25
Mine doesnt wanna work i get a Error while processing IPL.TXT.# :(
Some help would be nice.

I think I used to get that error when first starting with this EMU. What file format are your games in? It won't load iso's. You need to extract ISO's into Zip Files. The EMU loads the zipped games. The EMU is looking for that IPL file but can't find it until you extract the ISO.

If you do this properly your problem should go away.

repuken2
February 14th, 2006, 03:39
That's a common error people gets.

You should uncompress the iso file with some compression tool like WinRar for example, wich is free.

You should then go to the folder where you uncompressed it and select all the files, press control + E or select files with the mouse, it's the same.

Compress all the files again in *.zip format and you're done.

The trick is to zip the files but not within a folder, when the emu loads the games it looks for the ipl.txt file, it searches inside the zip but only in the 1st level.

If you compressed a folder (Try it, zip folder with a game and also zip a game with the method i told you, selecting the all the files, open both files and take a look you'll notice the diference ) it will look but will not find it since it is inside the folder wich is inside the zip also.

Hope it helps, Good luck!

jaredz123
February 14th, 2006, 12:11
Wait the same thing happens to me in metal slug right when its loading the level. This seems like a downgrade!

Voltron
February 16th, 2006, 02:34
Has anyone tested Samurai Spirits RPG on both this EMU and the CDZ version by NJ? I have not tried the CDZ EMU yet but on NeoCD v0.9.1 whenever you speak with someone in the game, the text window is hidden behind the graphics. I'm not sure if this is something that can be fixed with the right config. or if it is the EMU. If you were thinking about it in terms of layers, the text window layer should appear on top but it is behind. Any input would would be appreciated.