PDA

View Full Version : Damilola Taylor's father calls for violent game tax

wraggster
March 11th, 2009, 16:04
Richard Taylor, father of murdered ten-year-old Damilola Taylor, has said he will advise Gordon Brown to institute a videogames sales tax as part of a wider move against knife crime.

Describing violent videogames as "too cheap", Taylor blames them for negatively influencing children's behaviours and told MPs that taxes on them should be "very high".

"I have young people who I mentor and I see them go up and buy the games and it saddens me that they are being able to have such a negative impact," he the told Home Affairs Committee, according to the Telegraph.

Taylor, whose son was a victim of knife crime and has since been an advisor to the Prime Minister on the topic, also levied criticism at rap music, especially that which comes out of the US.

"It is creating more of a problem because of the language that is used. It is language that, as a father, I would not allow my children to hear," he said in front of MPs.

"To me, there is a lot of negativity that comes out of this music, especially that which is coming from America."

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/damilola-taylors-father-calls-for-violent-videogame-tax

kaferenza
March 12th, 2009, 00:48
I hereby call for a tax on stupid people that like to blame everyone and everything else when they should be blaming themselves for not bothering to carry the mantle of "parent" and actually parent their children. Yeah, $60 USD is "too cheap"...what a FAIL.

chuggman
March 12th, 2009, 07:21
lets put a tax on our government representatives for each time they put up a "stupid law" that they wish to have. they get taxed 1% of there total income for the year. Let there be no limit on the this either... so if they do 120 of the above action they they will be paying all there income + more!

JushinLiger
March 12th, 2009, 12:42
Stupid people. I'm sure thats going to happen during an economic downturn. Gordon Brown is going to increase tax on computer games during an econmic downturn.

maxipower90
March 14th, 2009, 02:51
maybe it should of been him that was knifed

Krisando
March 14th, 2009, 05:55
Ill stab him for saying that.. I mean

This will just encourage more people to pirate.
Why don't we stop these losers having babies then there won't be people to stab and get stabbed.