PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Feel About This Line From ‘Resistance’ PSP?

wraggster
March 11th, 2009, 16:11
It’s time to weigh in on a line from the “Resistance Retribution” script that, well… you tell me if it’s good or bad.
I don’t think many games are bought or returned because of the quality of their scripts. But that doesn’t mean that a game’s script should go un-commented on. Just yesterday, for example, I was playing “Resistance: Retribution,” the upcoming 1950s sci-fi shooter, when British game hero James Grayson uttered the following line:
“I’m James Grayson, bitches!”
This was one of those one-liners uttered while the player is controlling the action. In this case, Grayson is using a very powerful weapon to fend off hordes of approaching Chimera enemies.
Was it a call-back to Dave Chappelle’s “I’m Rick James, bitch”? Or to Britney Spears‘ “It’s Britney, bitch” line from her last album? Just a cool one-liner? Or a lame anachronism?
Let me not be the judge of this line. Let it be you.

What do you think of the line, "I'm James Grayson, bitches!"

Love it. It's perfect for "Resistance Retribution."
Like it, but not for "Resistance Retribution."
I don't care.
Hate it, that line's too lame for my video games.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/03/11/how-do-you-feel-about-this-line-from-resistance-psp/

mike_jmg
March 11th, 2009, 16:17
I haven't played Resistance Fall of Man or Resistance 2, so I think is a cool one-liner

I like it, wouldn't go as far as perfect for RR but it works ok

osgeld
March 11th, 2009, 20:45
well its a lame line, it also breaks the setting of the 1950's but it would not stop me from checking it out

its kinda nice, its basicly saying "your not going to get a deep involving story here, just go blow crap up" from the start, so at least its honest with itself

Buddy4point0
March 11th, 2009, 20:52
Whatever, if I never read this and found out in game I would have probably laughed.

DCergo
March 11th, 2009, 21:17
It's a dumb ****ing line for a fifties englishman, and has no place in the game.

malgora
March 11th, 2009, 23:08
hahahaha awesome. i planned on getting the game.. but hearing that .. im so geting it straight away now...... the games do have that bad ass kinda feel to them .. so yeah i think it would suit the game.. i played the demo and yeah

apex05
March 12th, 2009, 01:00
You hear lines like that all the time in films, and in the right setting even the cheesiest line can work.