PDA

View Full Version : PSPRadio v0.38 Pre-Release 4

wraggster
February 14th, 2006, 00:22
PSP Radio has once again been updated, heres whats new from the PSP Radio Team (http://pspradio.berlios.de/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=252):

NEW FEATURES
Core: Now playlist entries are sorted by title if the playlist is v2. (r768)

BUG FIXES
Core: Made the decoding/playback more stable (r770)
Core: Now only UP/DOWN generate REPEATs (No more 'jumpy' START button, etc.)(r772)
Core: Now long press are also handled as a release (r773)
Core: Corrected erroneous button hits being sent continuosly when the power saving kicked off (r774)
3DUI: Fixed a cacheproblem with the panels (r778)
3DUI: Some of the gfxsizes setup in the configuration was used incorrect in the code (r779)
Core: Now buttons/hprm data is sent by value in the events - this could cause incorrect or erroneous data from being processed, based on timing. (r782)
Core: Eliminated possibility of certain race conditions from happening (when a stream ends). This should provide more stability/consistency on stream ends -- this applies mostly to local files. (r783)
Core: Now stream handling screen is assigned correctly when stream starts playing. (r784)
Core(OGG): Now stops parsing comments (metadata) from OGG file after TITLE and ARTIST have been retrieved. (this was causing random crashes) (r784)
Core: Corrected bug that could crash the app if the first thing the user did was NEXT or PREV with the HPRM. (r785)
All: Replaced unsafe strncpy globally with safe counterpart strlcpy().
Core: Cleanup to Driver initialization routines and system callbacks (power) (r789)
Core: Re-enabled HOME menu. (r789,790)
3DUI: Fixed a memory error and removed some traces (to avoid context switches) (r792)
3DUI: Disabled the visualizer until I've made it more stable (it was causing resets all the time) (r793)
3DUI: Added support for showing the currently playing track in a different color (r796)

Download via comments

flamingwolf
February 14th, 2006, 00:45
omg man, the 3d ui in this is AWESOME!!!

MaxSMoke
February 14th, 2006, 07:54
The 3D interface, well pretty, is still very unstable. The Text Interface is rock solid. PSP Radio still remains the best app EVER for the PSP.

Illegal Machine
February 14th, 2006, 09:07
agreed.

Best app ever. the only thing I need now is for someone to write a tutorial on how to stream your own mp3 collection. I know its do able

also is there a way to stream different internet radio stations?

I bet theres more than just shoutcast out there.. is there a way to put ALL of them in there? or like 10???

yanky
February 14th, 2006, 22:54
to stream your own mp3 collection you need the shoutcast plugin for winamp. (one of the ways). they have a pretty good explanation in more depth at shoutcast.com. you can then setup the plugin and youre server will show up on the shoutcast server. saving the link as a .pls file and loading that into psp radio is easy from there on. i do this all the time. i just limit the users to 1 so that im the only one on it. streams just fine and streams your current playlist

Semtex199
February 14th, 2006, 23:31
Hi there :)

a tutorial on how to stream mp3 has just ben posted on the pspradio forum

Mysticales (from pspupdates) made me aware of a very useful guide she made for people wanting to stream their own MP3s from windows.

The guide itself (http://pspradio.berlios.de/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=301)

++
S199