PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Answers Our MotionPlus Question, Raises More

wraggster
March 11th, 2009, 23:11
I recently asked a Nintendo rep why “Wii Sports Resort” — the game supposedly introducing the Wii Remote’s MotionPlus add-on — wasn’t included on the company’s spring release calendar and received a puzzling reply.
Back in July, Nintendo announced that a controller add-on called Wii MotionPlus would be bundled with the “Wii Sports” sequel, “Wii Sports Resort.” I tried the game and the device, which effectively made the Wii remote more sensitive to my gestures. The game was listed for Spring 2009.
Lat month, Nintendo released a spring release calendar that listed MotionPlus-supporting games like EA’s “Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10” and “EA Sports Grand Slam Tennis” for mid-June. But the calendar mentioned neither “Wii Sports Resort” nor MotionPlus.
I e-mailed my Nintendo p.r. rep, asking what had become of the game, the add-on and the spring release date. And, what would we infer about the potential release time frame given the MotionPlus support of those June EA games?
EA confirmed to me that they were not delaying their games or dropping MotionPlus support, but they said nothing about when they thought the controller attachment would be available.
Yesterday, I got the following reply from Nintendo:
“Both EA’s ‘Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10′ and Sega’s ‘Virtua Tennis‘ will use the functionality of Wii MotionPlus.
“We will announce the launch date of ‘Wii Sports Resort’ and the launch date of Wii MotionPlus at a later date.”
Unfortunately, Nintendo isn’t acknowledging that they had already listed this stuff for spring. And now they got me wondering why they phrase their answer as if to allow for the launch date for MotionPlus and “Wii Sports Resort” to be two separate things.
Hopefully this situation will be cleared up soon, possibly at the Game Developer’s Conference in late March when Nintendo president Satoru Iwata delivers a keynote address.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/03/11/nintendo-answers-our-motionplus-question-raises-more/

paul3100
March 12th, 2009, 13:24
typing on the wii via wii controller so bear with mii|

Anyway what the fudge are nintendo playing at? thay already shoed us it working and in action on that game mentioned above, so what really gives?

Just bring the thing out all ready or tell us there is a problem but it it will be sorted soon.

(Gees that was tough) using the remote i meam|

Paul