PDA

View Full Version : Finally, A DSiWare Game For America Is Announced - ‘Pop Plus Solo’

wraggster
March 11th, 2009, 23:12
The first official downloadable title for the new Nintendo DS is a remake of a downloadable game for Wii.
Nintendo has kept quiet on which games and applications will be offered for download when the DSi launches in the U.S. on April 5. But with that launch looming word has finally broken regarding at least one DSiWare title coming on day one.
Late last night I received a press release from NNooo, the development studio behind the simple bubble-popping game “Pop.” The game is coming to DSi as a launch-day download, following its launch last year for the Wii’s downloadable WiiWare service and more recent iPhone and iPod Touch debuts.
The DSiWare game is called “Pop Plus Solo” and offers more features than the previous releases.
The press release indicates that the game will have new Adventure and Challenge modes, in addition to the existing Advanced, Chill, Bonus and Timed modes. The new Adventure introduced four bosses. The Challenge mode allows players to create custom challenges. (It’s not clear from the press release if or how gamers can share them).
No price was announced. I’ve followed up to find out more details. [UPDATE: The game's creative director, Nic Watt, contacted me to say that NNooo is hoping for a 500 point ($5) pricepoint, pending confirmation by Nintendo.]
During a hands-on demo with the DSi last month, I was shown a few Japanese DSiWare games, including “Decode” and “WarioWare Snapped,” but was given no indication about what would be available at launch, nor what the prices will be.
A list of DSiWare games and applications offered in Japan for DSiWare since the system’s launch last fall can be found here.
Expect more to be revealed about DSi and the American DSiWare line-up as the April 5 U.S. launch for the system approaches.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/03/11/dsiware-game-for-america-announced/