PDA

View Full Version : PMP Mod M4g3 + Network Support + Updated

wraggster
February 14th, 2006, 15:15
The guys over at Optixx (http://www.optixx.org/) have released a few updates to their version of the Media Player for the PSP, heres the info:

Moved my network code to the M4g3 version. Also added configfile support so that you are able to make your WIFI settings via the configfile pmp.ini. Since i had to move the main thread to userspace the HOME button isn’t working, so you have to use TRIANGLE to quit the player.

Also this

Made a binary release of the network enabled PMP Mod M4g3 media player. Since i don’t use Windows i can’t deliver an windows tested pmp server script.

Some Tips and Tricks:

Use an static ip address
Double check your PSP WIFI Setug
Choose which WIFI Setup to use and the edit con flag in pmp.ini, which is an index to your WIFI Setup, so first WIFI config implies con=0;
Check your remote server script with wget or curl
http://localhost:3333/open?filename=movie.avi&flags=O_RDONLY"Enable the debug flag in pmp.ini
Stay close to your Access Point if you Test for the first time.

Download via comments

wraggster
February 14th, 2006, 15:35
fixed the download

matrix39
February 14th, 2006, 21:15
im on windows and i keep getting code 400, message Bad request Syntax<'get /open?filename=......ect
on the server side, and i cant play any files

*EDIT* i guess in the windows version, your videos cant have spaces in them

Pumped'Up
February 15th, 2006, 06:01
Wraggster, the download link is working but the zip file is a dud - could you please repost. Many thanks!

Festizzio
February 15th, 2006, 06:02
This is sooo cool!! Especially once you get your videos to stream correctly...I've been trying since 4:30 PM, and I've just now succeeded. But, it was completely worth it!! :D

mrplug
February 15th, 2006, 19:55
wow wicked,love it converted a season of Star Trek next gen that im watching on the psp, now if it would stream directly from an avi it would be prefect

yanky
February 15th, 2006, 21:55
im having a bit of trouble understanding how to get the server app up and running. can someone be a little more elaborate in their instructions? its a python file right? how do you run it? im not used to python files

edit-
ok i got the server up and running but the pmp app only gets to step 2 of initializing the access point and then freezes. anybody get this? or have any more info on setting this up?

i setup everything right so far as i can tell.

matrix39
February 16th, 2006, 03:14
i can get it streaming but it is really choppy, any suggestions? im using a windows server currently

omnirage
February 16th, 2006, 09:28
Just encode the video's at a lesser bit rate. I usually encode my videos at 480x272 @ 400kbps / 23fps. Plays smoothly while maintaining decent quality.