PDA

View Full Version : Replacement PSP Parts

wraggster
February 14th, 2006, 23:04
PSP Tree (http://www.psptree.co.uk/cgi-bin/ccp51/cp-app.cgi?rrc=N&pg=store&affl=pspnews) have let me know they have just got in the following Replacement Parts for the PSP, heres the list:

PSP laser lens assembly
PSP replacement L and R buttons
PSP Sound system component
PSP power switch
PSP analogue stick assembly unit

also they have the following new in stock:

Replacement 1800mA PSP internal battery
PSP to TV adaptor - for displaying your PSP on your home TV - with stereo sound!

At least now if something breaks it can be fixed.

Check out PSP Tree (http://www.psptree.co.uk/cgi-bin/ccp51/cp-app.cgi?rrc=N&pg=store&affl=pspnews) for more info.

urherenow
February 15th, 2006, 00:25
They would make more money if they had replacement motherboards...
I just paid $85 to get one from ebay. Plus $8 for shipping and the optional $2 for insurance

t3hguitarman
February 15th, 2006, 00:39
Awesome! Now I can fix my PSP without having to pay Sony $125 for a replacement laser

dzdncnfsd
February 15th, 2006, 06:14
Note that you can get the analog stick mechanism replacement part from Brando for about half the price here: http://videogame.brando.com.hk/prod_detail.php?prod_id=00210&cat=PSP&dept_id=016&dept=Repair+Parts&cat_id=034

Voltron
February 15th, 2006, 10:08
What about a replacement screen? Does anyone know if the Japanese PSP's truly have the "BETTER" SHARP Brand LCD that does not suffer from slow refresh or "motion trail, color bleeding"??? Or is this just a myth. I have seen some PSP's advertised on eBay with the SHARP Screen.

IF anyone knows the facts regarding this, I would like to hear. Thanks!

Madonion
February 15th, 2006, 18:50
What about a replacement screen? Does anyone know if the Japanese PSP's truly have the "BETTER" SHARP Brand LCD that does not suffer from slow refresh or "motion trail, color bleeding"??? Or is this just a myth. I have seen some PSP's advertised on eBay with the SHARP Screen.

IF anyone knows the facts regarding this, I would like to hear. Thanks!

i have a us psp with samsung screen and my two cousins here have japan psp's with sharp screens. I would say i like the samsung quality better and just to add another thing, the Us buttons feel way nicer and harder than the soft japan ones.
Either screen quality is good. dont worrie about it. :D

Ps ill take a pic of it later.
Above psp is the japan one with sharp screen and the Us psp bottom with samsung screen.
In pic 3 and 4 you can see that the samsung looks a little bit better.more brighter and colourfull i think. :D

Voltron
February 15th, 2006, 20:52
the Us buttons feel way nicer and harder than the soft japan ones.

Thanks for that. I appreciate the input. About the buttons, they are a soft rubber on the Japan version as opposed to the hard plastic? I plan on trying to get a ceramic white PSP with 1.50 or 1.52 Firmware. I sure as heck hope the buttons are not soft... :-)

Anyway, thanks again!

Madonion
February 15th, 2006, 21:28
Thanks for that. I appreciate the input. About the buttons, they are a soft rubber on the Japan version as opposed to the hard plastic? I plan on trying to get a ceramic white PSP with 1.50 or 1.52 Firmware. I sure as heck hope the buttons are not soft... :-)

Anyway, thanks again!

I dunno how they are but the Us feels better. japan feels like your squashing a jelly tot LOL.

urherenow
February 16th, 2006, 23:28
no, they are the same