PDA

View Full Version : ZXDS 0.9.0 beta 1 - Sinclair ZX Spectrum Emulator for Nintendo DS

wraggster
March 14th, 2009, 14:03
News via http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-Yoyo/6130/

ZXDS is an emulator of Sinclair ZX Spectrum for Nintendo DS, written by Patrik Rak (http://zxds.raxoft.cz/). It is steadily reaching a mature stage of development, and it already has some noteworthy features, like accurate emulation of Spectrum 48k, 128k and Pentagon models (including sound), or support for TAP/TZX/PZX tape files, TRD/SCL disk files and RZX playback files, not to mention the ability to download these files online over WiFi.

ZXDS 0.9.0 beta 1 (12.3.2009)

+ Support for download of files from HTTP and FTP servers over WiFi.
+ Virtual directory system for creating arbitrary listings of both local and remote files.
Config for World of Spectrum, RZX Archive and Demotopia data feeds included.
See online.txt for how to create the listings and setup your own servers.
* The data_path, saves_path and screens_path are now configurable.
* Help now finally uses the variable width font as I always intended.
* Stick to the Zilog behavior regarding SCF/CCF undocumented flags.
* Built with the latest devkitPro release, should solve most libfat/DLDI issues.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

crookedmouth
March 14th, 2009, 14:15
I think I may have said this before but this is one of the slickest spectrum emulators on any platform.

I'm actually rubbing my hands together. :)

paul3100
March 14th, 2009, 18:25
I think I may have said this before but this is one of the slickest spectrum emulators on any platform.

I'm actually rubbing my hands together.

Im a 100% with you there , as soon as i saw this i thought GREAT like finding a wad of cash!

Thank you once again for a great emulator .

paul

bumfacekilla
March 15th, 2009, 16:57
This is nothing short of magnificent!

I actually bought a 128k +2 machine a week ago for £5, I dug out all my old tapes (my original specy machine died a few years back) and have been playing the originals hard all week!

If this version is beta, then what's still to come? Love the emu, love the online functions, a top piece of work keep it up! :D

motomono
March 22nd, 2009, 00:39
Awesome emulator... txs man, great work!

rommy667
March 24th, 2009, 18:10
Love this emu thanks a lot for some reason though it cant load .dsk files strange,what is TRD/SCL disk?? ive never seen one of these types of files for specy emus......

mano-obe
June 4th, 2009, 08:25
Great emulator, I like how it can play .tzx .tar files too unlike other emulators