PDA

View Full Version : DCEmu Prize Giveaway: Grand Ages: Rome

Darksaviour69
March 14th, 2009, 20:12
Grand Ages: Rome is the long awaited sequel to the best-selling strategy game "Imperium Romanum". (check out our Preview (http://games-reviews.dcemu.co.uk/game-preview-grand-ages-rome-pc--186309.html))

You are a Governor of a Roman Province in the time-honoured Roman Empire, its fortune very much lies in your hands. Choose one of five Roman noble families such as Caesar's Julii with different abilities to accomplish the comprehensive missions. Defend yourself against barbarian tribes, trade with other cultures, build a wealthy economic environment and fullfil the needs of your people in a huge single player campaign or with up to 3 human players in the multiplayer mode!

And remember - even Rome was not build in a day!

Grand Ages: Rome was released in the UK on the 6th of March.

http://www.dcemu.dreamhosters.com/pics/d/819-4/grandages-rome-g4w-cover-uk.jpg

To celebrate the release Kalypso (http://www.grandages.com/) and DCEmu have teamed up to give away 3 Grand Ages: Rome games for the PC and Graphics Card + Headset.

1st: Grand Ages: Rome and a Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4850 / 512MB DDR3 / PCI Express 2.0 / Graphics Card (worth £134.99)

2nd: Grand Ages: Rome and a Creative Fatal1ty Pro Series Gaming Headset (worth £29.99)

3rd: Grand Ages: Rome

http://www.dcemu.dreamhosters.com/pics/d/822-4/GA+Rome+city+47.jpg

To enter this contest all you have to do is to post a reply to this news post and answer the following question:

If you where in Rome and you wanted to do what the Romans do, what would you do?

You may only post your answer once, and duplicate entries will be disqualified from the contest. This contest is only open to residents of the UK only (sorry to all our members outside of that region).

This contest will close on Friday the 27th of March 2009.

If you want to post a reply to this post but do not qualify for the contest e.g. live outside the UK please post "I'm not entering the contest" thanks

Winners will be chosen randomly from qualified posts and contacted via PM on the DCEmu forums and E-mail. If a winner does not respond within a week a new winner will be picked at random from the other entrants. No purchase necessary. One online entry per person (one e-mail address per person/address). Entry constitutes agreement by winners to be publicized and permission to use each winner's name for the purposes of promotion of the Contest without further compensation. Contest void where prohibited. Odds of winning dependent on number of entrants.

goan02
March 14th, 2009, 21:06
Invade neibouring countries and kill julius ceasar :D

ojdon
March 14th, 2009, 21:32
The question doesn't make any sense, but I'm guessing it should be "If you were in Rome and you wanted to do what the Romans do, what would you do?"

I'd join their army. No reason apart from that they are probably the most well known armies of all time.

Sterist
March 14th, 2009, 23:15
I'm not entering this contest

if i were in rome... and i wanted to do what the romans do.. then THIS...WOULD.....BE........SPARTAAAAAAA!!

trugamer
March 15th, 2009, 00:49
I'd have to enter the arena just to prove I could do it.

And if I couldn't... well nothing else matters now.

ndstal
March 15th, 2009, 01:52
i guess i cant enter since im from the usa but i'd go find some millitary official and ask him to join

"cuz when in rome you do what the romans do,
especially when all roads lead to rome" - sway

wolfmanz51
March 15th, 2009, 02:56
I would have my servants hand feed me delicious fruit, then I would go to the arena to whatch wariors fight to the death and in the evenings I would join in on a nice orgy's.

devdj
March 15th, 2009, 17:14

if i were in rome... and i wanted to do what the romans do.. then THIS...WOULD.....BE........SPARTAAAAAAA!!

You fail, Sparta was a city-state in ancient Greece and not Rome but if i could aval of this compo i would eat as much as the Romans did, kill whomever i want and pillage the villages as the Romans did back then lol.

Exoherus
March 15th, 2009, 23:31
I'd spend all my time in a vomitorium.

Throwing up all the rich food I was eating to make room for more!

Triv1um
March 16th, 2009, 09:28
I would be a horse salesman, then I would build a sucessful business and have lots of gold. Then I would pay to build a massive giant cannon that fires cats.

newb_fo_life
March 16th, 2009, 10:28
I would go to the baths coz,they're just so freakin awsome :D

adekunle
March 16th, 2009, 20:37
i would get as many soliders as i could and become king of rome

jacksprat1990
March 16th, 2009, 22:56
I would show the Romans how to.....HAMMERTIME!! You got F'd in the A, Julius Ceasay!!

precisoncloud
March 17th, 2009, 03:05
i would selfishly inquire all the gold for my self so i could buy this cannon that shoots cats

lisaell
March 17th, 2009, 13:14
Bathe in milk to have beautiful skin like cleopatra.

V3N0M
March 17th, 2009, 18:46

As this expression implies, "When in Rome, do as the Romans do." FA SHO!!!

apex05
March 18th, 2009, 04:33
I'd rename myself maximus assimus and build the yellow brick road.

Saotik
March 18th, 2009, 22:24
Of all the Romans to step into the sandals of, I think I'd chose Caligula. Sure, he was mentally ill and was assassinated by his own bodyguards at the age of 28, but for those four short years that he was Caesar, he lived.

Declaring himself a God, he lived a an incredible life of excess. On the days that he wasn't working on his personal mission to sleep with every man's wife in Rome, he was building statues of himself all over the place and making his horse a high priest.

If I could travel back in time to Ancient Rome to do just one thing, it'd be to make my horse a priest. Why? Because I want to be rock and roll before rock and roll was even invented.

Nocuddle
March 18th, 2009, 23:04
Pretending to be Russell Crowe & screaming around: "I am Maximus, Father of a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife and I shall have my vengeance in this life or the next!".

Then seconds later, throwing some phones to romans....

ps: "I'm not entering the contest since am aint a pom" :P
but damn, i dun mind the vidcard. :D

Lb364
March 19th, 2009, 15:29
I'd walk down a road and see if it led me back into Rome ;)
Then when it did as I'd fully expect it to, I'd eat loads of pizza and gelato mmmmmmmmmmmmm :D

blondecaz
March 19th, 2009, 15:47
I'd wear a toga and drink lots of wine :)

Twimfy
March 19th, 2009, 16:34
I'd use my roman heritage and contacts to hire a sail boat and go to the Roman spa in Bath (the town) without paying. £14 entrance fee is extreme for some green water in a hole.

carolgreenwood
March 20th, 2009, 01:28
id like to be an underwear sales person, all those skirts they used to wear, surely theres a need for decent underwear

Darren Cross
March 20th, 2009, 01:29
i would have to rate all the women by sleeping with them :D

dejkirkby
March 24th, 2009, 08:14
I would surrender to the Spartans and work my way up their chain of command, slowly gaining their confidence, until I, having just been made ruler of all Persia, turned my back to my leaders and declared war on the Americas. After conquering the New World I would set about the formation of a grand army, capable of decimating all before me. I will then be assassinated by my peers.
Oh, well!

RV2006
March 27th, 2009, 12:56
I want to wear a toga! :D

axident3
March 27th, 2009, 17:33
i would probably go around doing fun stuff like destroying buildings and stuff :thumbup:

Maximum Hunter
March 27th, 2009, 19:43
Shoot stuff with a crossbow.

Antiriad
March 27th, 2009, 20:36
Be a streaker in the Colosseum...

Distorted Soul
March 27th, 2009, 21:12
Grand Ages: Rome is the long awaited sequel to the best-selling strategy game "Imperium Romanum". (check out our Preview (http://games-reviews.dcemu.co.uk/game-preview-grand-ages-rome-pc--186309.html))

You are a Governor of a Roman Province in the time-honoured Roman Empire, its fortune very much lies in your hands. Choose one of five Roman noble families such as Caesar's Julii with different abilities to accomplish the comprehensive missions. Defend yourself against barbarian tribes, trade with other cultures, build a wealthy economic environment and fullfil the needs of your people in a huge single player campaign or with up to 3 human players in the multiplayer mode!

And remember - even Rome was not build in a day!

Grand Ages: Rome was released in the UK on the 6th of March.

http://www.dcemu.dreamhosters.com/pics/d/819-4/grandages-rome-g4w-cover-uk.jpg

To celebrate the release Kalypso (http://www.grandages.com/) and DCEmu have teamed up to give away 3 Grand Ages: Rome games for the PC and Graphics Card + Headset.

1st: Grand Ages: Rome and a Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4850 / 512MB DDR3 / PCI Express 2.0 / Graphics Card (worth £134.99)

2nd: Grand Ages: Rome and a Creative Fatal1ty Pro Series Gaming Headset (worth £29.99)

3rd: Grand Ages: Rome

http://www.dcemu.dreamhosters.com/pics/d/822-4/GA+Rome+city+47.jpg

To enter this contest all you have to do is to post a reply to this news post and answer the following question:

If you where in Rome and you wanted to do what the Romans do, what would you do?

You may only post your answer once, and duplicate entries will be disqualified from the contest. This contest is only open to residents of the UK only (sorry to all our members outside of that region).

This contest will close on Friday the 27th of March 2009.

If you want to post a reply to this post but do not qualify for the contest e.g. live outside the UK please post "I'm not entering the contest" thanks

Winners will be chosen randomly from qualified posts and contacted via PM on the DCEmu forums and E-mail. If a winner does not respond within a week a new winner will be picked at random from the other entrants. No purchase necessary. One online entry per person (one e-mail address per person/address). Entry constitutes agreement by winners to be publicized and permission to use each winner's name for the purposes of promotion of the Contest without further compensation. Contest void where prohibited. Odds of winning dependent on number of entrants.
I would want to conquer all of the countries around Rome/Italy!

mookz
March 27th, 2009, 23:42
After a long night of drinking way too much alcohol, go find a feather and a Vomitorium!

Darksaviour69
March 28th, 2009, 01:11
Contest Closed