PDA

View Full Version : Monkey 64 News (Nintendo 64 Emulator for PSP)

wraggster
February 15th, 2006, 15:33
PSMonkey has posted some great news about the progression of his Nintendo 64 Emulator for the PSP, he decided to write a Nintendo 64 emulator from scratch to get a better emulator in the long run and now it looks like things are already starting to come along nicely, heres what he posted:

<blockquote>O M F GOD

God bless my gf and her taking over the pc for 20 mins. If not for her I would have not tested out all the PD roms I have on my PSP. Thanks to this I now have 2 count that, 2 brand new demos up and running. They are liners & 1964. Both would actualy progress furter if not for the lack of input/pif emulation.

Tomorrow I plan to test more PD roms and see if others work. At the moment everything else causes the psp to lock up somewhere (and roughly near each other). So hopefuly I can debug and fix this soon. Anyways great news & enjoy the screenshots (see comment section)!!!

P.S. The Framerate is around 5.0-7.4 fps. A vast improvement over the previous 1.8 fps i was getting on fire demo.</blockquote>

Check out the screenshots of this improving Nintendo 64 Emulator for the PSP on his site hosted by DCEmu/Emulation 64 Network here --> http://nemo.dcemu.co.uk

Great work, cant wait to play Mario 64 one day :)

LazerTag
February 15th, 2006, 16:48
Heck of step forward. Keep up the good work looks awesome.

kyus
February 15th, 2006, 17:41
I just realised that my gamecube can play certain n64 games since I had it chipped. Messed around with it yesterday, and I got paper mario, mario 64, mario kart, all the mario parties and master quest working perfectly. Just waiting on my new tv to arrive so I can have my flawless gaming setup! finally! :D

Madonion
February 15th, 2006, 18:02
man thats is awsome!

Voltron
February 15th, 2006, 21:10
Exciting news indeed. Appreciate the update.

aries2k4
February 15th, 2006, 23:37
Thats good to hear. Keep up the good work!!|

HeX
February 16th, 2006, 01:36
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! Nuff said...

Mysteryman
February 16th, 2006, 02:04
Good job man, sounds like its coming along great.

P.S. Thanks PSMonkeys girlfriend for testing it out.

DPyro
February 16th, 2006, 02:18
LOL she didnt test it, he did. She took over the computer so all he could do was test his app :).

Festizzio
February 16th, 2006, 02:33
WOW, this is really exciting! You're doing great, PSmonkey, keep up the good work! :D

yamaneko
February 16th, 2006, 10:15
man you so good :)
Go man I believe you :)
<mode dream>Play Zelda Ocarina of Time On PSP</mode dream>

pkmaximum
February 18th, 2006, 02:34
keep up the good work man!

AtariFreek
February 18th, 2006, 03:23
Ok I Think Ive Said This Before. YOU RULE!!!