PDA

View Full Version : Tekken Punches Onto Psp

wraggster
February 15th, 2006, 17:19
Source CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=134304)

Premier console fighter Tekken is making the transition to PSP, the latest issue of Japanese mag Famitsu has revealed.
The game, titled Tekken Dark Resurrection, is an expanded handheld adaptation of the latest console offering Tekken 5, sharing many characters and features with its PS2 cousin. Time Attack, multiplayer and mini-game modes are all offered in the PSP version, along with brand new movie opening scenes and a slew of additional items.

No screenshots of the game are offered in the mag so we can't yet comment on the visual splendour of the handheld Tekken, but with the game currently penned for a summer release in Japan, we're sure there's not long to wait before official images emerge.

vettacossx
February 15th, 2006, 19:51
Gta And Tekken In My Hand O Mg Did I Mention Omg

Voltron
February 15th, 2006, 20:40
A lot of people shun the idea of ported games coming to the PSP with nothing original. That is a valid argument but not really fair to the PSP. The PSP = Playstation Portable, not Playstation 1.5 or Playstation 2.5. It is a portable Playstation in a sense. I'm all for greats like Tekken, Gradius, Mega Man, Tomb Raider, etc. making their way to the PSP. Now we just need some of the classic RPG's like Chrono Cross, Vagrant Story, FFVII, etc. etc. etc. to be ported and possibly updated slightly to take advantage of the PSP's hardware.