PDA

View Full Version : Jazzier Suite Update (1.1)

wraggster
March 17th, 2009, 19:55
Gaz (http://forum.palib.info/index.php?topic=6918.0) posted this release today:

Jazzier Suite, is a new project I am working on for the Nintendo DS. The program will aid musicians in improving their ability to recognise pitch, read music and to stabilise timing, as not to speed up or slow down whilst playing songs. There will also be a number of tools implemented to help aid in composition and performance. Some of these have already been implemented in the first release, such as, the delay calculator and tap tempo features on the metronome.

Instructions. (1. Metronome)

To find out the tempo of a track of music, constantly press the X button on the beat of the track. This is called Tap-Tempo and will set the metronome to the tempo of the track you are listening to. It also provides an average tempo (bpm) based on the accuracy of your tapping over a set time.

The delay times shown on the top of the screen can be entered into a guitar effects pedal or similar effects processor. I have included a few different beat times including dotted notes for more experimental delay times.

You can select 1 – 12 beats per bar.

Adjusting the tempo can be achieved in three ways:-

Tap Temp (X Button)
Tempo Meter (Red)
Fine Tune, left and right arrows next to the tempo

Additional Notes

When tap-tempo is used, the metronome is stopped. I found it quit difficult to tap along to a track whilst the metronome was playing.

Hope you enjoy the software,

Gaz.

(Gareth Bennett)

[Update]

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Update,

* The meter is now fixed, you can drag up and down.

* The metronome sound has been amplified slightly.

Update notes:-

* Included a Notation Trainer to aid in learning to site-read music.
* Improvements to the metronome.
* Added Main Menu.
* Updated Graphics.

I have also been working on a way to save stats for each exercise. This will be daily stats which can be saved onto the DS, and I may enable the software so users can store their progress online. It will display charts to show your progression on all 15 keys of the notation trainer for example, this should be available on the next release.

I will add some doc's tomorrow:-

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments