PDA

View Full Version : Capcom Putting More PS1 Games On PSN

wraggster
March 17th, 2009, 23:37
Every few weeks we mention new games joining Japan’s PlayStation Archives collection. Now their list is large with a blend of classics and obscure PsOne games. Outside of a few key releases like Suikoden the PlayStation Classics section is hardly spoken of overseas.

Capcom plans to change this by releasing more downloadable PsOne games in the future. Christian Svensson, Vice President of Strategic Planning & Business Development, says a batch of PsOne titles have been submitted to Sony for approval.

Specific games and a timeline were not mentioned, but a few months ago the ESRB rated Street Fighter Alpha 2 and Street Fighter Alpha 3 as PS3/PSP games. Those could be some of the games. Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo is also rated as PSP title by the ESRB so this is another possibility. I’m hoping for both of the Mega Man Legends games. After all, these were released in Japan on UMD along with Breath of Fire III.

What Capcom game would you like to see? Before you answer peruse the list of PsOne games published by Capcom and rated by the ESRB. And then cross out all the games that have X-Men, Marvel, and Mickey in them.

Breath of Fire III
Breath of Fire IV
Buster Bros. Collection
Capcom vs. SNK Pro
Darkstalkers
Darkstalkers 3
Dino Crisis
Dino Crisis 2
Freestyle Boardin`99
JoJo’s Bizzarre Adventure
Magical Tetris Challenge Featuring Mickey
Marvel Super Heroes
Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter
Marvel vs. Capcom
Mega Man 8
Mega Man Battle and Chase
Mega Man Legends
Mega Man Legends 2
Mega Man X4
Mega Man X5
Mega Man X6
One Piece Mansion
Pocket Fighter
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3 Nemesis
Resident Evil Survivor
Resident Evil: Directors Cut
Rival Schools
Star Gladiator
Street Fighter Alpha*
Street Fighter Alpha 2*
Street Fighter Alpha 3*
Street Fighter Collection
Street Fighter Collection 2
Street Fighter Ex 2
Street Fighter Ex Plus Alpha
Strider 2
Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo*
The Misadventures of Tron Bonne
Trick N’ Snowboarders
X-Men vs. Street Fighter

http://www.siliconera.com/2009/03/17/capcom-putting-more-ps1-games-on-psn/

Ennohex
March 18th, 2009, 12:23
Oh my god!, Oh my god!, Oh my god! Capcom VS SNK PRO finally!

I always prayed for this one!

fpcreator2000
March 18th, 2009, 15:06
Oh my god!, Oh my god!, Oh my god! Capcom VS SNK PRO finally!

I always prayed for this one!

The Dreamcast version (not the PS One version) as it closest to the Arcade original, and also better because it does not have the PS One memory limitation fixes such a lack of tag characters, but SNK-Playmore and Capcom are not on speaking terms at the moment.

The same would go for any vs game on that list (which will never be released unless some agreement is worked out with the original IP owners) since Capcom no longer holds the rights for producing Marvel games.

Of course, one can dream (a release of the vs games on the PSP would be awesome to no end).

I'll have to stick CPS2 and Neogeo emulation for now, and my Dreamcast for Capcom vs SNK series and Marvel vs Capcom 2 goodness.

Spanishpeacock
March 19th, 2009, 02:28
Breath of Fire 3 and 4
Resident Evil DC, RE 2

I'd pay $5.99 a piece for those, $9.99 for RE2 because it's 2 discs. Let's face it, it's just data on a server, they might as well make money off of it.

Ennohex
March 19th, 2009, 12:43
The Dreamcast version (not the PS One version) as it closest to the Arcade original, and also better because it does not have the PS One memory limitation fixes such a lack of tag characters, but SNK-Playmore and Capcom are not on speaking terms at the moment.

The same would go for any vs game on that list (which will never be released unless some agreement is worked out with the original IP owners) since Capcom no longer holds the rights for producing Marvel games.

Of course, one can dream (a release of the vs games on the PSP would be awesome to no end).

I'll have to stick CPS2 and Neogeo emulation for now, and my Dreamcast for Capcom vs SNK series and Marvel vs Capcom 2 goodness.

Oh, sure the Dreamcast version is better. I got a DC but not the game. I also need to do the vga mod for the DC before I can use it as I have no TV.

Honestly, Capcom VS SNK Pro is the best 2D fighter I've played. I have a Jap PS1 version that I play on the PC on account of the improved loading time.

I wasn't a fan of the Marvel Tie-ins other than X-men VS Streetfighter, it started getting too complex for my taste after that.

I wish SNK Playmore would give us Mark of the Wolves, Wild Ambition and Dominated Mind as a Fatal Fury collection.

You would think they might try to do things right and release arcade games for PS3 - sans the PS1 memory issues then. Maybe in HD even....

Ah well...

fpcreator2000
March 19th, 2009, 14:52
Oh, sure the Dreamcast version is better. I got a DC but not the game. I also need to do the vga mod for the DC before I can use it as I have no TV.

Honestly, Capcom VS SNK Pro is the best 2D fighter I've played. I have a Jap PS1 version that I play on the PC on account of the improved loading time.

I wasn't a fan of the Marvel Tie-ins other than X-men VS Street Fighter, it started getting too complex for my taste after that.

I wish SNK Playmore would give us Mark of the Wolves, Wild Ambition and Dominated Mind as a Fatal Fury collection.

You would think they might try to do things right and release arcade games for PS3 - sans the PS1 memory issues then. Maybe in HD even....

Ah well...

Well, the reason SNK-Playmore is not giving us Mark of the Wolves is because it was released on the PS2 in japan. It seems that they are not on the re-releasing business if it's been done on the PS2, but we'll have to wait and see.

As for a VGA mod for a DC? They used to sell S-Video to VGA converters boxes back in the day so I would check online stores before modding your DC.

As for my favorite fighting game? I don't have a specific one anymore as they all bring something different to the table, but at one point Third Strike was my favorite.

You'd think they re-release Arcade games on the PS3/X360 stores to bypass Sega Saturn and Playstation hardware deficiencies but money-wise it is a very smart move to port PS1 source code with minimal programming as the process of porting cost money and time......but one can dream!

And I sure as hell can since one of them came true, a new Street Fighter game. Now I can't wait to see how many times they remake and update this baby.

paladinja
March 19th, 2009, 16:25
Oh jeeze I'm gonna run home and download avery single one of these... oh... wait... no I'm not, cuz I still have every single one of them on disk & a backwards compatible PS3. (oh snap)
Thanks for considering the masses tho Capcom (my lord & saviour), I'm sure they appreciate it.