PDA

View Full Version : i've downgraded from 2.5 - 1.0 successfuly

sully
February 15th, 2006, 21:44
.....and i have no idea how - i have an original jap version 1 psp, i upgraded all the firmwares along the way so i could play all the latest games, most recently GTA LCS.

so, while awaiting homebrew to become available again, i left my psp to gather dust (thought gta was disapointing) so today i boot it up - no luck. dead. oh its the battery ok, so i plug it in and boot up burnout legends. then it decides to crash with a black screen with all sorts of gibberish on it - not hex codes or anythin just crap (letters and symbols in tripples ie. 333 ;'# bbb hhh mmm nnn jjj etc..) half the screen was full of this so i hold the power switch for 10 seconds to kill the system

when i reboot, im asked for all my details again then to boot burnout i need to upgrade to 1.52! :-0 so i decline and recheck the system info and it reads as firmware version 1.00 - WEIRD!

has this happened to anyone else?? anyway sweet for me, im going back to version 1.5 :D

IndianCheese
February 15th, 2006, 22:40
Awesome. I actually believed you for a second.

sully
February 15th, 2006, 23:14
no probs, it happened and i dont know why - homebrew isnt working at the moment and i still have a web browser but my system info says its version 1.0

im waiting for it to charge fully so i can upgrade to 1.52 with my burnout legends disc (or is there another way to upgrade to 1.5 so i dont have to go to 1.52 -> 2.0 -> 1.5?? can i load the 1.5 firmware in game/update folder and do it that way??)

anyway, for the record, i think my firmware is still version 2.5 but for some reason the system thinks its 1.0 - if i can use this to ACTUALLY downgrade it'll still be somethin

dunno why you dont believe me?? anywho, i digress, I have the evidence in front of me just thought i'd share what happened but whatever...ill see what happens when its fully charged and i try to load 1.5

Madonion
February 15th, 2006, 23:23
What indian cheese is saying is show a video of proof :D

sully
February 16th, 2006, 00:15
hmm well i dont have a cam? anyway, i dont particularly care - i just thought this might have happened to someone else at some stage? anyway ill know soon enough - battery is at 84% charge!

i probably should have titled the thread to "possibly"

Festizzio
February 16th, 2006, 01:03
Uhh, if it's just an internet browser, then you're most likely at 2.0, but, if there's another icon under the network icon, then that's probably a good thing.

sully
February 16th, 2006, 01:08
yeah but my system status says version 1.0 yet i can still use the browser - is this not unusual? its acting like a 2.0 + but yet i cannot play burnout legends cuz it says i need to update to 1.52 which is on the umd.

I cannot load homebrew tho so i am going to upgrade to 1.5 as soon as the battery is charged.

sully
February 16th, 2006, 01:35
well i upgraded and got the blue screen saying it wasnt complete (it got to 99%) so i cold booted again, now it says i have 1.5 and the browser is gone!

what is the required firmware to run gta? cuz that is what i had on it - then i went to 1.0 now im at 1.5

I care not if anyone believes what happened here, fact is my PSP is back in business :D

yaustar
February 16th, 2006, 05:04
GTA needs 2.0/

Kaiser
February 16th, 2006, 07:49
Hmmmmm......locked? yes

No one likes hoaxers. Posting a picture would prove nothing by the way. How do we know if he had 1.0 to start with?

Cap'n 1time
February 16th, 2006, 14:29
hah.. just wanted to say you cant downgrade to 1.0 in the firstplace.. no firmware eboot with 1.00 exists.. have a good'n.