PDA

View Full Version : Single Game DOSbox release Vleaper

Eric
March 18th, 2009, 16:30
I am going to start releasing single game dosbox packages. This is using an unreleased version of Dosbox from GPF. I am sure there is no saving for any game released. I am not sure that controller can be used. I dont have my Dreamcast currently hooked up so i dont know if any of the games run fullspeed or close to fullspeed but i do know that you can change the FPS with F11 and F12 if i am correct the same keys you use to change the FPS for the DOSbox on PC.

This also contains the source to Dosbox the latest release. I also have permission from GPF to release single game packages. The game i have here is a personal fav i used to play when i was a kid called Leaper its a clone to Frogger. Again i have no clue how fast this game is and again you can change the FPS with F11 or F12 if this will make the game near fullspeed.

Dont bother GPF about the updating the Dosbox for Dreamcast he has done all he can with it and i dont think there is much more that can be done.

BTW if this one doesnt work i know how to get it to work i have to play the game atleast once on the PC so it can make a cfg file i believe for Highscores again the Highscores cant be saved but it must be with the game in order to run so i hope this will not be an error for the Dreamcast.

To change FPS hold CTRL and press F11 to decrease and F12 to increase.

Thanks

Eric

wraggster
March 18th, 2009, 16:34
nnice, what sort of speed is the game ?

wraggster
March 18th, 2009, 16:38
moved to Dreamcast news section :)

Eric
March 18th, 2009, 16:43
Yeah i have no clue i tested with NullDC but for some reason the Keyboard didnt work so i couldnt get passed the Intro screen. Though from the looks of the intro screen it looks like it maybe slow. I know that i have to edit the config file for dosbox but i dont know to much about it. Also for i had to take the download down for a couple seconds i used the wrong sourcecode for download.

Eric
March 20th, 2009, 19:26
Hey this version i have tested. For some reason controls dont work and keyboard dont work. I have downloaded a new config file from Dosbox.com and edited it and there was more stuff in the newer config file then the last one. I was able to make this game run fullspeed but again errors with controls and keyboard that must be in the source or maybe the game doesnt like it i dont know. I also tested the new config file with Jetman the Jetpac clone and it ran the same i know the error to that one its the Soundblaster with sound enabled the game runs horribly slow. I know if there is some way to make the Soundblaster detected and some how disabling the sound with it the game may run quite smoothly. So again video VGA games do work but anything with Soundblaster runs horribly slow and controls dont work i am sorry.