PDA

View Full Version : downPSP v209

wraggster
March 18th, 2009, 21:14
carlosgs (http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,5530.new.html#new) has posted an entry into the Neoflash Coding Contest:

Nickname: carlosgs
Project name: downPSP
Division: PSP APP
Original enter: Yes
Support motion: No
Old compo winner: Nope

First of all, hello, I'm carlosgs, and this is my first time in the Neoflash spring coding compo :-D
Please, If I am doing something wrong, contact me :-S

Project description:
downPSP is an app that I started in lua, but now I'm making it in C.
The best function of this app is that it's going to be able to download and install a lot of homebrew apps.
It looks for the homebrew database in psp.scenebeta.com
Right now it is not possible to download or install homebrew, but in a few weeks, it will.
I'm working in the cookie-based login of that website, I made that in the old lua version, so this time is easier ;-)

Nowadays it's all in spanish (sorry) but in the future it will be possible to translate it to more languages.

In the homebrew downloader, right now you can view the homebrew list (apps, games and emulators), and view a detailed description about each homebrew program.
You can also search in the list by pressing the "triangle" button (The games list
has more than 800 entries, so you'll probably need it ;-) )
Nevertheless, it has other functions like:
- Filebrowser with:
-PNG image viewer
-Simple text file viewer
-You can rename files with the "square" button.
-Simple searching with the "triangle" button.
- Self updating through the network ;-)
- Options menu with:
-Select wether you want to show the initial splash or not.
-Show memory stick free space.
-Restore default config.

This project is right now very initial, I'm looking forward to add add more functions, like:

-In the filebrowser, show other image types, unRar files, run eboots, copy, move and delete files... etc.

-"Check Gmail" function (simple but useful). It would notify about new gmail messages (I'll use the gmail RSS feed ;-) )

-Probably, when I finish the scenebeta.com full support, I'll add support for other psp homebrew comunities.

Download:
http://downpsp.evoconsolas.com/PSPhomebrew/downPSP/downPSP/downPSP_C.rar

I hope you enjoy this app ;-)

Edit: One thing, I didn't knew where to find the Neoflash splash image, so I added the one that is in the "TimeTrainer".
¿Where did you put that image?
Thank you very much

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments