PDA

View Full Version : Resistance: Retribution Tournament

wraggster
March 18th, 2009, 21:31
If you picked up Resistance: Retribution this week, Sony and Global Gaming are giving you a chance to win game-inspired schwag and more. From now until May 10, 2009, you can register with Global Gaming and participate in two-on-two and four-on-four Resistance multiplayer matches. The better you do, the higher you'll go on the multiplayer ladder, and if you're among the top players when May 10 rolls around, you'll be invited to compete in the playoffs from May 13 to May 31, 2009. What will the winners get? Why it'll be cool stuff such as SonyStyle gear, PSP bundles, and Resistance: Retribution inspired leather bomber jackets.

I want a bomber jacket. If you want one too, head over to the Road to Retribution GGL site and register. You have to be a resident of the United States or Canada and you have to be at least 13 years old.

http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/963/963766p1.html

PoorKingz
March 18th, 2009, 23:16
That's stupid. Half the people who play probably have NitePR or other cheat devices. Not to mention that the game already has a library of released cheat codes.

ICE
March 19th, 2009, 01:19
That's stupid. Half the people who play probably have NitePR or other cheat devices. Not to mention that the game already has a library of released cheat codes.

I was very upset to see how quickly so many people were cheating.. Its very depressing.

jungletek
March 19th, 2009, 01:41
I was very upset to see how quickly so many people were cheating.. Its very depressing.

Your upset is misplaced, IMO.

You should perhaps be upset with the developers who completely ignored any potential lessons learned from the SOCOM FTB2 debacle, and who implemented virtually no protection against cheating.
If they cared at all, games would be hosted on dedicated servers, rather than on a player's PSP. This would eliminate virtually all cheating, as if one player's data didn't match up with everyone else's, then you could deduce that something is not kosher.
Obviously Sony doesn't care, they already have your money. Same with the devs of R:R. There's no incentive for them to care, hence they're :rofl: all the way to the bank.

My $.02,of course.