PDA

View Full Version : Do I Need To Downgrade Wii From 3.4E?

homersolly
March 19th, 2009, 14:33
Hi there,

Last night I got a Homebrew Channel on 3.4E Wii.

I have since been searching to find out if I need to downgrade to 3.2E.

I have found loads of advice on how to do it, but none on whether I really need to do it.

So I am hoping someone out there can help me.

Thanks in advancce for any guidance.

Regards

Kevo

darkriku2000
March 20th, 2009, 19:18
From what I hear there is more compatible stuff with the 3.3E and lower, however I'm not sure since my wii came with 3.3 and I don't have another one to compare it with

TheTome
June 18th, 2009, 21:51
I'm currently using 3.3u, and the only thing that I would need to downgrade for is to get USB 2.0 support on my Wii. From what I understand, these days 3.4 is about the same. Everything works except for USB 2.0 support.

So, in summation, if you plan on putting a lot of movie files for Mplayer on a USB stick, or games (eg. Freespace 2) on a USB Hard Drive, it's probably a good idea. Otherwise save yourself the trouble.

BlueCrab
June 18th, 2009, 22:18
Downgrading is risky, and doesn't generally give you much for what you're doing. Stick with 3.4, its a nice safe version that works with pretty much everything homebrew wise.

VampDude
June 19th, 2009, 03:40
What BlueCrab said, it can be tricky... Although you could just download AnyRegion Changer (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/AnyRegion_Changer) which includes a safe 3.2 downgrade from any firmware (I even did it from 4.0). :cool: