PDA

View Full Version : Beats of Rage PSP V003

SamuraiX
February 16th, 2006, 05:51
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/bor/shot0002avp.gif

(New release of Beats of Rage for PSP and newspost by SamuraiX)

Version 0.03 By SamuraiX

Updates and New Features:
-Updated Charge Indicator, Time Indicator (Now shows status of AC/Battery Source)
-Updated Sprite Engine. (Ported from Dreamcast BOR uses ALOT less memory to display sprites)
-Added PSP Video Mode Widescreen. (Must restart BOR for changes to take effect. Work in progress!)

Bug Fixes:
-Hopefully no more level crashes!!!

Future Releases...
-Pak file selector.
-Video Modes.
-More Optimizations....

Download via Comments (Give feedback)

wraggster
February 16th, 2006, 06:47
thanks for the news and release :)

ayhoung
February 16th, 2006, 10:52
does this work with 2.0? :D i tried the past version and it crashed on me :(. i really want to play it tho...

Ziim
February 16th, 2006, 11:03
Where can i get some of the different Pak files? That predator one looks cool! :)

nexus68
February 16th, 2006, 13:52
Where can i get some of the different Pak files? That predator one looks cool! :)

Here :D
http://www.gp32x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,11

jangosolo
February 16th, 2006, 13:59
Can anyone confirm whether it works on 2.0? it looks awesome!

SamuraiX
February 16th, 2006, 14:15
I highly doubt this will be 2.0 compatible until I have completely removed all traces of SDL code. Looking at how SDL is supported/implemented on psp it requires Kernel mode. So once SDL has been removed, I will post 2.0 compatible.

Update... It seems people have been able to run this on 2.0 and up. Maybe a few tweaks to the eLoader configuration file is needed?

jangosolo
February 16th, 2006, 14:29
I highly doubt this will be 2.0 compatible until I have completely removed all traces of SDL code. Looking at how SDL is supported/implemented on psp it requires Kernel mode. So once SDL has been removed, I will post 2.0 compatible.
Thanks - can't say fairer than that! Like I say it looks awesome, going to try it out with my xbox in the meantime, though was a little confused as to where to get the bor files - the ps2 version is cd image but can I rip it from that?

SamuraiX
February 16th, 2006, 14:32
You can use any pack that was designed for the BOR engine (to the best of my knowledge). That means PC, dreamcast, ps2, gp32 and xbox.

moogster66
February 16th, 2006, 15:30
I had good luck with the AVP file from this site. It's the only one i've tried. Get ready to Button Mash! :D http://aliusweb.dyndns.org/bor.html

rmedtx
February 16th, 2006, 16:06
This are great news! I recently started working on my BOR game again. We are going to release a new demo soon.

wraggster
February 16th, 2006, 16:09
Theres some Beats of Rage Mods here --> http://www.dcemu.co.uk/dreamcastbeatsofrage.php

Apoklepz
February 16th, 2006, 20:08
It's good to see this is being worked on again...so far all I can say is that it looks as if it's running smoother...Any chance the loading times can be tweaked down? Keep up the good clean work, I'm cheering for ya.

J-Kwon
February 16th, 2006, 21:21
Hey guys i downloaded the bor.pak and I put MS:/PSP/GAME/BOR withe eboot.pbp

The game boots up

Then exit with a black screen and says something about fonts...

jangosolo
February 16th, 2006, 21:36
I can get it to load the game but it crashes when you start the game, looks awesome though

I am using 2.0 with the 1.0 eboot

J-Kwon
February 16th, 2006, 21:51
I forgot to mention that I'm on 1.5

I downloaded the pc BOR pack

It just crashes(back to the menu), Ive tried again and again

Any advice :)

SamuraiX
February 16th, 2006, 22:12
In the game engine It requires that all fonts are there. I could be more easy on requirements but if the official DOS source code uses it then I think we should use it as well. I could always try and see if there are any negative effects if I make it optional. List the location you downloaded the game from.

aries2k4
February 16th, 2006, 23:23
This is looking good. IŽll have to try some of those mods. The thing i would most like to see improved if possible is the load times. Anyway thanks for the update.

urherenow
February 17th, 2006, 01:55
for some reason I think people with 2.0 psps need to try no less than 2 methods with every piece of homebrew before giving up thinking they don't work. The first one is obvious... try the 1.0 eboot. If there is only a 1.5 eboot, pspbrew can turn it into a 1.0 eboot for you. When that doesn't work, you should extract the 1.5 folders DIRECTLY to the PSP memory stick SEPARATELY. First extract the regular forder, then the % folder AFTERWARDS. I don't know why it makes a difference, but I just fixed my NesterJ with that method...

groovemaster303
February 17th, 2006, 09:56
this sure does look better in widescreen mode than the original version did.
after playing the Zodiac version full screen it was a bit annoying to have a poxy window on psp and regular crashes.
still it looks and play pretty darn good.
all i need to do is find my bor mods now blinkin disc could be anywhere. :(

jangosolo
February 17th, 2006, 10:14
for some reason I think people with 2.0 psps need to try no less than 2 methods with every piece of homebrew before giving up thinking they don't work. The first one is obvious... try the 1.0 eboot. If there is only a 1.5 eboot, pspbrew can turn it into a 1.0 eboot for you. When that doesn't work, you should extract the 1.5 folders DIRECTLY to the PSP memory stick SEPARATELY. First extract the regular forder, then the % folder AFTERWARDS. I don't know why it makes a difference, but I just fixed my NesterJ with that method...
I'll try that later on - is this something you have had success with? I can launch the games,go through the menus and start playing but after about 3 secs it locks up

Got some of them working on the xbox though - very good!

J-Kwon
February 17th, 2006, 11:52
Samurai

I downloaded BOR from here http://www.dcemu.co.uk/dreamcastbeatsofrage.php

And also tried the one from the site you gave in the readme

Thanks

Zaine
February 17th, 2006, 14:22
hey how do i get into widescreen mode

J-Kwon
February 18th, 2006, 21:15
Samurai can you help me out?