PDA

View Full Version : My rant about eBay.

VampDude
March 20th, 2009, 09:47
Ok, so I've bought a shitload of items over the years whilst eBaying (earning a teal star (http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/uk/icon/iconTealStar_25x25.gif) with my 100% feedback rating). But there is one thing I never understand about some sellers, who don't accept the price their item sells for. I mean what do they expect? It's an auction site, where items sell for whatever people think is right for the item or depending on how much interest the item receives during the auction as to how much it will sell for.

Anyway, I don't have to explain how eBay works. But one thing that annoys me, is when I sometimes win something of a decent price the seller either doesn't send the item or sends a message after the auction saying that they sold it and forgot to remove it from eBay.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n304/vampdude/eBayseller-natalie1985_2007wasteoft.png

Though funnily enough, I then read the sellers feedback for another item he/she sold.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n304/vampdude/LMFAOeBayseller-natalie1985_2007.png

If people are that dumb, to list an item on eBay and then say that the price isn't enough... Why even bother? Some people should just stay off eBay (since they do not know how an auction works), or better yet... The internet!

In the future, I will be avoiding buying cheap consoles... Especially if the seller is anything like this one, and the one that I bought a PSone and N64 from in December (I never received and had to buy each console separately).

Luckily, the seller finally gave me a refund... But seriously? eBay has become a joke as of recent, just about anyone can list things... Like the joker who won't sell items on eBay because the price was "nt realistic" who has other items (http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/natalie1985_2007_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdo Z), though I doubt they will sell (plus the spelling/grammar is also horrible on the listings).

Triv1um
March 20th, 2009, 10:25
Cool story bro.

VampDude
March 20th, 2009, 11:30
I just wanted to type, it was something that annoyed and bugged me.

quzar
March 24th, 2009, 01:11
Make sure you report them too. A lot of people get away with such things because others don't report them. eBay does ban people for doing things like this, and the more bad feedbacks they get the less likely anyone will buy from them.

VampDude
March 25th, 2009, 04:58
From what I can make of it, the seller has already been reported. Which is good, but sadly sellers like that (there are many) make people not want to do business on eBay.

The good thing was I got a refund, though the strange thing was PayPal held onto the funds(7-9 days). But they have been doing that quite a bit recently, so I'm guessing it's a procedure.

quzar
March 25th, 2009, 09:38
From what I can make of it, the seller has already been reported. Which is good, but sadly sellers like that (there are many) make people not want to do business on eBay.

The good thing was I got a refund, though the strange thing was PayPal held onto the funds(7-9 days). But they have been doing that quite a bit recently, so I'm guessing it's a procedure.

Dude, report him yourself too. It works on like a 'three strikes you're out' style system. If everyone were to look and say 'oh, he's already been reported', then he'd only get reported once and eBay has to say 'oh, well, he's only been reported once so he's not that bad'.

DO IT! Report him.

VampDude
March 28th, 2009, 17:11
Reported, though eBay won't follow it up due to the sellers rights to refuse sale. Which doesn't go against eBay's rules, though I find it somewhat strange how people are allowed to get away with stuff like that?

I need to go check if PayPal has refunded me yet, because it's been 8 days since they placed a hold on the amount payed. Personally, I dislike PayPal because they are always messing me around with my account and returning payments although they can easily accept "all" payments from my bank account.