PDA

View Full Version : Rare ‘GTA Chinatown Wars’ Missions Worth The Minor Hassle

wraggster
March 21st, 2009, 12:48
Crazy fact for you: only 95 people have registered finding the “Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars” hidden lions, which means that, at most, only 95 people have played the game’s two bonus missions. I won’t spoil them, but here’s how and why they’re worth it:
I was the 34th person on planet Earth to have not just completed “Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars“‘ main story but to have synced my game with the official website of development studio Rockstar Games. Ninety-four other people have done so as of this writing.
It’s only those of us in that 95 who may have then reached the game’s two bonus missions.
To reach the final two missions of “Chinatown Wars,” users need to finish the game, sync it to the Rockstar Social Club, and then find two Lion statues that might be placed in any of a couple dozen possible locations in the game’s Liberty City. Oh, and then the user has to re-sync the game to Rockstar’s site (make sure your Nintendo DS can connect online, of course, which means you must find an unencrypted or WEP-encrypted Wi-Fi hotspot).
After ALL of that, an e-mail appears in the game’s PDA and the first of the game’s final two missions are triggered. One is the only official mission involving the game’s most violent vehicle. The other involves unusually intense police attention.
They missions are worth reaching, not just because they are two more solid missions in a well-made game, but because the experience of linking to Rockstar’s site is a noteworthy experience for a gamer.
Developers have shown an increased interest in getting gamers to connect to sites they operate like Bungie.net, MyResistance.net, and the Rockstar Social Club. The sites foster community and allow the developers to track lots of statistics related to player performance — like how DS gamers might be playing their “GTA” DS game (did they deal drugs? did they like the rap station? did they finish the game? etc.)
So jump through Rockstar’s hoops if you can. If only to see what it is game developers are going for.’

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/03/20/rare-gta-chinatown-wars-missions-worth-the-minor-hassle/

The Alpha Gamer
March 21st, 2009, 18:29
Sounds fun for those that can actualy go online. Us dial-up people are just screwed as usual

LDAsh
March 22nd, 2009, 07:48
Actually WFC works pretty well for dialup, most have some anti-lag code that allows even games like Mario Kart to be played pretty smoothly. What it does mean, though, is that you probably need to actually go and _pay_ for the game, to be able to take it online. ;) If so, no wonder only such a small amount have done it.

The Alpha Gamer
March 22nd, 2009, 11:41
Seriously?! All this time i could have been playing Mario Kart, Animal Crossing and Pokemon online?! D=

that1guywiththeface
March 22nd, 2009, 20:08
I was number 30!!! :)