PDA

View Full Version : The Daily Question #2 - Do You Still Homebrew?

wraggster
March 21st, 2009, 15:24
2 daily questions in one day, hey lets be extravagant, the homebrew scene on most consoles are years old now and only the wii which has been cracked fully for homebrew in the last year is considered new, consoles like the pandora and wiz are still not here and so the homebrew scene across many consoles may not be thriving as much, for the consoles you own do you still play homebrew on them or have you left homebrew behind until the next big thing.

Gonna be interesting to see how many have for the time being lost interest and moved on.

Do You Still Homebrew?

staticshade
March 21st, 2009, 15:58
currently only the psp i'm still looking for a game to better cave story lol!!!

vatomalo
March 21st, 2009, 15:59
After my Friends and familiy, my girl and unborn child, Homebrew is my life! i hope that i can learn c++ so i can program my own homebrew game! homebrew is the real freedom of the consoles!

its like if you got a laptop and were not allowed to install linux on it, cuz its only a vista computer.... homebrew to the rescue! not so good example, but think if the laptop was a console, and the operating system was your boot2 or your ps3/psp firmware... all of them will void your warranty if they found out... thats not freedom,
but hey...who cares, i rather fix my own things....

i just dont believe in corporations, dont like them never will

vatomalo
March 21st, 2009, 16:00
"static shade, i also think that they need a better story, thats why im aiming to do it, actually im writing the story of the game as it was a book, and adapting it afterwards, but i just cant get to program anything in devkitpro :("

looking threw google, i found out that i totaly misunderstood you staticshade

Steely
March 21st, 2009, 16:26
For sure.

I love homebrew on DS. It makes it into such a more powerful machine, and I use it all the time for videos, music, internet, writing, games, etc.

Auriman1
March 21st, 2009, 16:33
Not so much the homebrew games (with the exception being PSPRevolution, the DDR clone), but I frequently use homebrew applications (such as alarm clocks, internet radio streamers, and the like) and various emulators on the Wii and PSP.

pspfan2006z
March 21st, 2009, 16:45
Still using the homebrew especially the alarm clock and the emulator.

Shemp
March 21st, 2009, 16:52
Just recently got a Wii, so I'm digging on big-screen emulators for my old SNES faves.

Still running SNES and GBA emulators on my PSP, as well as my old converted PSX games--I just love being able to take Final Fantasy IX and Parasite Eve I and II with me on long flights.

mike_jmg
March 21st, 2009, 18:15
yes, but mostly emulators on my psp

- snes9xtyl: Fzero, Biker mice from mars, megaman x3
- cps2 emu: Marvel vs capcom, Capcom Sports Club
- gPsP: space invaders extreme, DKC, Fzero GP legend, Fzero climax, super mario advance 3
- Geometry wars, forgot the author but the one from the neo summer comp 2008

goshogun1
March 21st, 2009, 19:20
All the time on Wii for SNES, GENESIS etc. Sometimes on PSP, mostly just for CPS1 and 2.

ojdon
March 22nd, 2009, 09:25
I mainly use emulators on my PSP, but I am currently making a Sonic game for the PSP, Sonic Dash. It's coded in lua and once it's done, hopefully it would give Lua a new face and would influence other coders to try it out and actually make something useful with it and not just crappy portals or whatever.

titch.ryan
March 22nd, 2009, 10:33
homebrew is just about the only games i actually play on my psp!

sgsavvy
March 22nd, 2009, 10:44
homebrew apllications(especially the alarm clock) is really important to run some stuff in my life, thanks homebrewhttp://photosnag.com/img/3322/n09x0302vnsn/clear.gif

rageteam1000
March 22nd, 2009, 12:01
ironically, I just got a slim and light PSP two days ago just for that same reason (extra memory) - so yeah, I'm still doing it :)

kjetil1991
March 22nd, 2009, 13:03
i love all kind of homebrew ;) like nes emulator on my acer aspire one

dazman
March 22nd, 2009, 23:11
yes, all the time, and the psp is great for emulators

Aryn
March 24th, 2009, 06:34
I still use homebrew apps/games, have a few stored on my PSP.

Solidus Snake
March 28th, 2009, 02:08
Yes, most on my PSP and my Xbox 1, and a little bit on my Wii. And hopfully in the near Future on the DSi :-)

Eviltaco64
March 28th, 2009, 03:18
I still use my modded Xbox. :)

My Dreamcast died again (GD drive died), so I haven't been playing homebrew on that as of late. :/

freestile
March 28th, 2009, 19:10
I was more into emulation, until I got into homebrew, and actually coming into it a bit late, I could honestly say yes I do still homebrew and I just want more and more. Lots of cool stuff out there.

*OnE*