PDA

View Full Version : Beup Live V0.4 Released - MSN for DS

wraggster
March 21st, 2009, 20:03
HtheB (http://www.htheb.com/) has released a new version of Beup for the Nintendo DS, basically this lets you use MSN on your DS.

Place the BEUP directory as it is in the root of your card.
It will have some default icons and avatars and a different keyboard.

You can place the file 'Beup Live 0.4.nds' (or the 'Beup Live 0.4.ds.gba') wherever you want.
Don't forget to patch Beup Live with DLDI in order to use your own Avatars, Icons and Keyboards.

-HtheB

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Flygon
March 22nd, 2009, 02:35
This should finally stop all the questions about why it isn't working. =P

joe_joe16
March 22nd, 2009, 02:46
sweeeeet.
it works on my ttds.

Grey Acumen
March 22nd, 2009, 03:05
I have a cyclo DS card and it works signs in perfectly, except I cannot seem to get a keyboard or any method of sending messages to work at all.

LDAsh
March 22nd, 2009, 08:01
That's a Cyclo issue, the Team has been way too busy providing support for commercial roms to make truckloads of money, that they completely forgot about an old homebrew touchscreen bug in their firmware. Maybe now they will remember there is such a thing as homebrew.

davidfanner
March 22nd, 2009, 10:08
This should finally stop all the questions about why it isn't working. =P CAN U USE IT WITH NI-FI STICK (CAUSE I DONT HAVE A ROUTER THAT WORKS WIT IT ):eek:

rocky5
March 22nd, 2009, 14:22
That's a Cyclo issue, the Team has been way too busy providing support for commercial roms to make truckloads of money, that they completely forgot about an old homebrew touchscreen bug in their firmware. Maybe now they will remember there is such a thing as homebrew.

It works fine on firmware 1.54 and you need to be set to online to be able to type you cant if your in offline mode.

Grey Acumen
March 22nd, 2009, 14:46
That would be great if it was true, but I'm using 1.54, was online, and was trying to talk to someone who was also online. I tried pressing every button, tried tapping everywhere on the screen and nothing would pull up a keyboard or start a conversation.
I'll probably try over at the cycloDS forums later, as well as doing a few more experiments to see if something else was interfering with my setup, but so far, I got nothing.

carlitx
March 22nd, 2009, 16:30
CAN U USE IT WITH NI-FI STICK (CAUSE I DONT HAVE A ROUTER THAT WORKS WIT IT ):eek:

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q144/carlitx/CapsLock-1.jpg

Kermyt69
March 22nd, 2009, 17:38
What an amazing application. I'm using it on my DSl with an edge card (v1.whatever the latest is from there website).

Connected with 1 hotmail account on pc and 1 on ds and it works brilliantly.

The person who created this should be in touch with MSN immediately and milk the money.....i'll probably be blasted for saying that.

Great work creator.

zondajag
March 23rd, 2009, 00:32
Wehey it works! Well actually it did for a bit. Now it just gets sort of stuck at the synchronizing contact list bit. I have a cyclods with firmware 1.54 i didnt have that keyboard issue but i do have an issue signing in now. It worked a day lol. 1 day and then it died on me. Don't worry though guys, its probably something ive done wrong.

zubieta
March 23rd, 2009, 00:34
Wont work in R4 with Fw 1.18 :S
It gets stuck at "Handshake" even when the router has no password :S

Lancelite
March 23rd, 2009, 10:11
Does anyone know where or how to obtain different keyboards? I need one with the Swedish letters ÅÄÖ...

ChuckMcB
March 23rd, 2009, 12:59
@zubieta: try giving your router a reboot, seen a lot of folks doing that to fix the handshake problem. Otherwise: does any other Wi-Fi DS Homebrew (http://www.ds-xtra.com/Category:DS_Wi-Fi_Homebrew) work for you at all?

@Lancelite: I've not see any custom keyboards about yet. you can hack one up yourself: here's the instructions to create a custom keyboard in Beup (http://www.ds-xtra.com/Beup_Live#Custom_Keyboard)

Grey Acumen
March 24th, 2009, 15:24
Wehey it works! Well actually it did for a bit. Now it just gets sort of stuck at the synchronizing contact list bit. I have a cyclods with firmware 1.54 i didnt have that keyboard issue but i do have an issue signing in now. It worked a day lol. 1 day and then it died on me. Don't worry though guys, its probably something ive done wrong.

Yeah, I tried it out again and it works fine now. At first I thought the issue might have been caused if you simply START in offline mode, but I tried that and then switched to online and it works fine. So I must have somehow gotten stuck in offline mode or something. I could have sworn I changed it the first time.

Either way, basic consensus is that it works perfectly. The only thing I can think of is adding voip, and then this would be the most incredible thing ever to be conceived.

benjibar
March 25th, 2009, 10:48
If you are stuck in doig handshake push the button retry ^^ , I do it.

Teelow
April 4th, 2009, 21:00
How do you patch it on a supercard so that i can use my own avatars ><

n1ke7
April 5th, 2009, 00:06
i cant use it i have a program named games and music any help?

Damiano
April 5th, 2009, 08:37
i cant use it i have a program named games and music any help?

hi, please man give more informations and precisions if you want any help

n1ke7
April 5th, 2009, 19:44
never mind i got it to work

Mathewie
April 14th, 2009, 21:45
SWEET FINALLY,

thnq i really used Beup alot, but than it stopped working

thnq for posting this

sifle
June 17th, 2009, 18:45
Still stuck in handshake, hit retry a bunch of times and got the same thing. I have a supercard lite, has anyone gotten it to work on their supercard?

monzoom
July 26th, 2009, 04:32
can som1 help me mine conncts then it says challege response fails 540 after lik 5 seconds after i sighn in/???????????