PDA

View Full Version : Hot European Games on PSP: Fine RPGs Tales of Eternia plus Breath of Fire III Out Now

wraggster
February 17th, 2006, 06:44
Big news article from Lik Sang (http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3801&lsaid=219793)

Ever expanding our range of European games releases for PSP, we couldn't be happier than to offer you the latest in terms of quality roleplaying experience on the go you can yourself treat to at the moment: today we received two highlights of the genre, Namco's Tales of Eternia and Breath of Fire III, developed by Capcom. Both games came to stock last week, and preorders have already all been taken care of. The initial batch of Tales of Eternia has run out in no time, and we are currently in the process of re-supplying. The next delivery is expected in our warehouse by early next week and we recommend placing your purchase in the line quickly to guarantee one of them is yours. Both titles are eligible for our Free Shipping Worldwide promotion. Below, we'll take a closer look at what makes these titles tick and why we strongly believe you shouldn't miss playing them.

Basically a stellar port of the original PlayStation version from a couple of years back, Tales of Eternia invites you to diverse explorable environments where an epic adventure unfolds, with multi-level 3D levels boasting plenty of color and texturing. Story-wise, there are three main characters Reid Hershel, Farrah Oersted and Meredy, a girl that seems to hold more than just a few secrets. Embarking on a journey to unravel the mysteries of their world's fate, they seek to collect a set of spiritual beings in the process to prevent planets Celestia and Inferia from colliding. Once more, Namco delivers an authentic real-time action RPG with an engaging storyline, countless mini games (which will earn your heroes unique features) and over 60 hours of gameplay. As the sea of clouds between planets is breached by the arrival of Meredy's spaceship, Eternia is again given the gift of hope...

http://image.lik-sang.com/images//170/psp-toe-eu4.jpghttp://image.lik-sang.com/images//170/psp-toe-eu5.jpg

Tales of Eternia takes place within two massive worlds. Control one character out of a party of four through gorgeous surroundings, designed to transport the dense atmosphere, aided also by the great soundtrack here. Namco included a "Tales of" Linear Motion Battle System, which is built around different striking techniques, real-time combos and spells and takes place in a 2D side-scrolling environment. Customizing of characters? Sure was implemented: there are hundreds of enchanted weapons and powerful items to boost your in-game alter ego and you can also summon mighty powers while in combat. Another great thing about this title are the almost non-existent load times, guaranteeing speedy menu changes and gameplay.

Knowing your enemy and relying on combo attacks from all sides, while raising your defense shield when needed is what will get you through challenging battle encounters. Fights feature massive, screen-filling transparency effects and let the action appear all the more intense and dramatic. Tales of Eternia sure is an ambitious Namco effort and will provide you with a captivating gaming experience for a long while to come.

Then, without further ado on to the next RPG for Sony PSP we have for you today:

http://image.lik-sang.com/images//170/psp-breath-of-fire-III-eu3.jpghttp://image.lik-sang.com/images//170/psp-breath-of-fire-III-eu1.jpg

A small boy on the run and a dragon reborn in flames... Capcom's Breath of Fire line counts as one of the most beloved RPGs not only in Japan, but also in western regions. A straight port from the 1997 PlayStation title, Breath of Fire III is widely accepted as the best entry in the series. Graphically enhanced to take advantage of the PSP's screen resolution, the game follows the fate of Ryu as he embarks on an epic quest to discover his ancestry and understand the dragon power that has awoken inside of him. Being the last of an extinct race with a fiery past, Ryu is also an outcast of society, representing a dormant dragon that was once awakened by miners and turned into an innocent child. A youngster destined to regain his powers...

It's the first time the third instalment of the series is playable on a handheld, and boy has Capcom done a great job with moving this title over to the PSP! If one dragon might even be too much to handle for some adventurers, Breath of Fire III throws an incredible 987 possible dragon transformations at you, in order to mould your hero uniquely each time you play. The PSP version also includes a bonus Fishing mode at 18 different locations in the game world. Thanks to the Online Game Sharing function, Breath of Fire III owners can also send this fishing game to their friends to enjoy even if they do not have a copy of the game. Neat, share the love of wielding a fishing pole!

Tactical combat includes additional attacks triggered by moving quickly, unleashing flaming retribution on enemies. Breath of Fire III on PSP is classic 2D roleplaying at its best. Visually still a masterpiece of this particular genre, the game universe appears colorful, coherently designed and perhaps most important, believable within its fantasy narrative. Definitely worth to consider if you are looking for some outstanding RPG action on the go. Dragons? Check. Heroes? Check. What more could your adventurous gamer's heart long for?

More info, trailers etc at Lik Sang (http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3801&lsaid=219793)

Neorejnl
February 17th, 2006, 08:12
Woahaaaaaa

Voltron
February 17th, 2006, 08:13
YES!!! These 2 titles don't appear to have a U.S. release date and I have never played the originals. Its great to be able to purchase the European versions in English language. RPG's are the perfect genre for the PSP and it seems that they are becoming more and more prevalent.

Does anyone know if this will require a Firmware greater than 2.00? I hope not.

michael jackson
February 17th, 2006, 08:35
i dont care about firmware i played tales of destiny 2 (eternia) on ps1 and got halfway through the last dungeon be4 having my games stolen

I .,.. MUST.. FINISH IT!

my concern is willm it play on a jp psp?

i recently had to return a gift because it was region coded for usa, the movie doom

can i play a euro game on a jp psp?

Eleetist
February 17th, 2006, 09:14
Games are not region coded like UMD movies dude, so yes you can play it.

Nono-O
February 17th, 2006, 13:22
run this on FW 1.50 ?
or with a UMD-emulator?

wakaru
February 17th, 2006, 13:41
[...]
my concern is willm it play on a jp psp?

i recently had to return a gift because it was region coded for usa, the movie doom

can i play a euro game on a jp psp?

Yes MJ. European games are compatible with Japanese Consoles. I do have an imported JP console and European games as I live in UK.

Akiron
February 17th, 2006, 14:06
i have both of them, and with a iso fix for Breath of Fire you can play it, but you cannot save (and you can't go into sleep mode) that makes it quiet unplayable

but i play tales of eternia on my 1.50 with a version changer set to 2.00 and fastloader (start inserted umd) and everything works perfect
i havent tried to dump it to iso...

QueadlunnRau
February 17th, 2006, 15:14
The game is coded as region 2, will this game work on a US PSP?

AtariFreek
February 17th, 2006, 15:23
This Is Great! But Do You Know What Would Kick *** On The PSP? Tales Of Symphonia. I Know It's A Gamecube Game But It Would Still Kick ***!

Voltron
February 17th, 2006, 16:27
The game is coded as region 2, will this game work on a US PSP?

Games are Universal when it comes to PSP. Any game of any region will work on any PSP. Its the UMD MOVIES that are region specific.

There are so many good RPG's that could be ported to the PSP. I would not mind either. Some call that cheap and unoriginal but as I like to say, the PSP stands for Playstation Portable. So they can rerelease all PSOne games for the PSP for all I care. (They just better be cheap like $9.99 - $29.99 depending on title.) Wishful Thinking Probably!!!