PDA

View Full Version : PSPGolf v0.2

LauriN
February 17th, 2006, 10:57
(New release of Golf for the PSP by LauriN and News Submission too)

Release Notes:
This new release hasn't got any new maps, just some new features of the "game engine". I'm currently searching for "map painters" because I haven't got that great graphical talent. :) So if you are interested in and have got some free time, please drop a message at my board: http://dev.laurin.net.tf
There you'll also find a tutorial for map creation.

Thanks in advance!

Changelog:
0.2 (17.2.2006)
- Code cleaned up a litte bit, but there has still so much to be done. :)
- Rough green areas have been implemented. Thanks to indianajonesilm for the hint! :)
- Implementation of additionally "height maps" for creating hills, ramps, etc. in the maps. Again thanks to indianajonesilm for the idea. :) This feature is not really completed yet, it's just a "preview" at the moment.
- Implementation of overhead areas, which will be printed over the ball. With this feature tunnels and advanced graphics like trees can be implemented easily. This time thanks go to Guyfawkes! :)
- Application icon, which will be displayed in Lowser.
- Fixed a bug where the ball sometimes could go through a wall.

0.1c (14.2.2006)
- Separation of an "invisible" collision map and a visible background map offers a huge improvement of map designers' flexibility. Thanks to MaxSMoke for the hint! :)

0.1b (14.2.2006)
- It's now possible to "paint" a more realistic water & sand in the maps.
- Improved screenshot-function: It's now possible to make more than one screenshot, filename is now increased ("screenshot_1.png", "screenshot_2.png", etc.)

0.1 (13.2.2006)
- Initial release

Download via comments

AtariFreek
February 17th, 2006, 15:13
This Game Is Loads Of Fun. It Reminds Me Alot Of A Flash Game, And Great Job With The Easy To Make Maps! Keep Up The Good Work!

blackthief
February 17th, 2006, 15:20
does it work with eloader beta for 2.6?

LauriN
February 17th, 2006, 15:25
does it work with eloader beta for 2.6?
well, i will work with any firmware version Lua Player (http://www.luaplayer.org/) works with ... :)

wraggster
February 17th, 2006, 17:28
thanks for the news and release, moved to News forum ;)

feel free to post your releases as news :)

MaxSMoke
February 17th, 2006, 22:31
Um, why is this "indianajonesilm" getting credit for the height map idea? In the last news post, I was rightfully credited with coming up with the idea of a second image for map walls, collision, and bumps. But now this bozo is getting the credit. Not that it's a big deal, but what gives? I'm feeling a bit slighted. Maybe this Indiana guy just explained to him exactly what I meant in my messages about grayscale. :p

Still, I can't use the game. I've never had any luck getting LUA to load up LUA files, so LUA games are only useful to me when they are compiled into Eboot files. Does somebody know how to do that? I'd like to forward a doc about how to make LUA into Eboot files for all of the LUA programmers that insist on making LUA file releases.

It's like releasing source code, instead a fully compiled program, and expecting the end user to compile it. It's sloppy and makes it harder for people to use. Why go to the effort of making a PSP game, and then not finish it up so that people can easily enjoy it?

pspfan
February 18th, 2006, 01:38
Actually the ones compiled into eboots apparently don't work with the eboot loaders on 2.0. And I've never had any problems with the uncomplied. It's not really like expecting the end user to compile your program..

indianajonesilm
February 18th, 2006, 05:26
But now this bozo is getting the credit.

Hey, I'm not a bozo! :p :D

Trussler77
April 14th, 2006, 17:25
just got my PSP today and want to download a game onto it but don't know how
can anyone tell me how?

rcremers
December 14th, 2006, 13:39
you did a great job, man! thanks