PDA

View Full Version : Worlds First Atari Jaguar Emulator for PSP Released

wraggster
February 17th, 2006, 21:23
Plynx (http://plynx.dcemu.co.uk/) who has already released an Atari Lynx emulator for the PSP has now ported Virtual Jaguar (http://www.icculus.org/virtualjaguar/) the Atari Jaguar Emulator to the PSP.

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/avp1.jpg

Heres what he posted:

<blockquote>I've tried, just for fun, to port Virtual Jaguar to the PSP. Put the Jaguar BIOS image (jagboot.rom) in the same directory as the EBOOT. Rename the cartridge image to cf.jag and put it in the same directory. I've tried Cannon Fodder and Atari Karts ... and ... it's pretty slow, be patient

See Virtual Jaguar website for compatibility stats. (DSP is not enabled)

Keys :

A - Square
B - Triangle
C - Circle
Pause - Start
Option - Select</blockquote>

It seems most Commercial Jaguar games work and although the speed is very slow its the first Jaguar emulator for not only the PSP but im sure any console :)

Amazing Work Plynx, More screenshots and the Download at his site here --> http://plynx.dcemu.co.uk/

Leave feedback ;)

SmashinGit
February 17th, 2006, 21:37
What great news, thanks alot Plynx and please keep working on this emulator, the only word I have on my lips is Tempest!

wraggster
February 17th, 2006, 21:41
yeah what a bloody release :)

PLynx
February 17th, 2006, 22:05
Huuu I did nothing, all the work was done by David Raingeard for his Jaguar emulator and the Virtual Jaguar team.

slayer2psp
February 17th, 2006, 22:21
you rule im very happy cant wait to see the improvments

swepisodeii
February 17th, 2006, 22:48
Awesome! Great news!

Anyone tested this with fw2.0?

geise69
February 17th, 2006, 23:17
Very awesome! Glad to see you're taking interest in the jaguar. So is this going to be you're current project or is this still just something you're messing with? Anyways it's a very nice first release. Nothing like Rayman, Tempest, Cannon Fodder, AVP, and Iron Soldier on the go. Thanks again!

michael chan
February 17th, 2006, 23:17
does anyone know where i can find the jagboot.rom?

Kaiser
February 17th, 2006, 23:58
does anyone know where i can find the jagboot.rom?

Can't say here, Not exactly legal. But it is usually found on the same sites that have its roms.

michael chan
February 18th, 2006, 00:22
hey kaiser can u pm where i can get it?

moogster66
February 18th, 2006, 02:24
Come on guys. Google for it.

Voltron
February 18th, 2006, 03:10
I'm not ashamed to say it... There was a phase in my gaming career where I needed to have everything and in 1996 I bought an Atari Jaguar. The possibility of a Jaguar EMU for the PSP is very exciting.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
February 18th, 2006, 09:29
NOT the 1st jaguar emulator that was called Jagulator on the pc.Peformance was about the same pretty iffy varried from game to game.

jwilds73
February 18th, 2006, 15:51

Uh, rom and bios like discussion is not permitted here and you just asked the mod to pm you with where to get them? Either your balls are huge or your brain is tiny, possibly both? Google is your friend, lazyness is your enemy.

aries2k4
February 19th, 2006, 04:41
Lol, hey mod can you send me some illegal files. No, just kidding. I think itīs great someone picked up on this emu for the psp. I wasnīt familiar with it but any new emu is more than welcome. I loaded it up on my fw 1.5 using the kexploit tool. tried cannon fodder. Way to slow to play but it loads up. If you hit the right trigger it resets the rom, I had to shut off the psp to leave the emu though. I hope you stick with it. Thank and good job!! :)

Festizzio
February 19th, 2006, 04:44
NOT the 1st jaguar emulator that was called Jagulator on the pc.Peformance was about the same pretty iffy varried from game to game.
I think he meant the first one on the PSP.

aries2k4
February 19th, 2006, 04:50
Or the first one on any Console, unless you consider a pc a console.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
February 19th, 2006, 16:33
AHHH right they was saying it was the 1st Jag emulator to be released on the PSP not all formats thxs dude !!! :)

cawley1
February 20th, 2006, 22:20
Is it just me, or has anyone else not got this to work on 1.5?
I bang it through the Kxpoloit, stick the jagboot.rom in with the eboot, rename aliens vs predator to cf.jag and boot it, get a screen showing it starting the processors, then black screen city...
Any ideas???

Chepudo
February 21st, 2006, 23:14
If you can run AlienvsPredator on my Psp almost perfect, you will become my only GOD in the earth!!!! Sorry if i has any mistakes, I'm not an english speaker. I'm from Spain! He he he

Mr. Shizzy
May 3rd, 2006, 18:30
I got a 1.5 is this thing possible or not?

WeepyChimp
October 16th, 2006, 15:09
Uh, rom and bios like discussion is not permitted here and you just asked the mod to pm you with where to get them? Either your balls are huge or your brain is tiny, possibly both? Google is your friend, lazyness is your enemy.

Yeah just saw this now so I had to make another one. How old are some of you people my god? Uh, you know what? I don't care if "rom and bios like discussion is not permitted here". Quit acting like god damn moralists already. Yes everything you are all doing is 100% legal. Every single thing. Not quite. So naturally that gives you the right to sit there high and mighty from your computer chair and judge others because you are the righteous, and those who DARE ask for anything are the damned. Everyone knows that having an NES game, or a Jaguar game basically puts you in the same class as a rapist, drug dealer and/or murderer. Most certainly you would be put in a prison cell with those type of people. Not trying to be an asshole, but I am because I'm just tired of people like this. I will admit that I used to be like that, and you know what, that was like late ALMOST 10 years ago, when zsnes and genecyst were new. IDSA when they were shutting sites down. You know what though get over it. I would like to know exactly what you are afraid of. It's as if you honestly believe that the police and the FBI will come knocking at your door because you have some Jaguar or some other obsolete console's games on your PC. I would really like some intelligent responses but I think I would be getting my hopes up. The reason I am kind of going off here about all this is I just feel like what the hell is wrong with the world today. What is wrong with people? This is the reason I never use forums, because the people who run them for whatever reason feel like they need to make all these rediculous rules. "You curse, you're banned. You talk about roms or BIOS on an emulation forum, you're banned." The cursing thing is what I don't understand AT ALL. While it may not be completely necessary, guess what? People actually do talk like that in real life. This should not be a world designed for kids. I have neighbors like that, and you know what happens to kids who are so sheltered by their parents? They have a lot of problems when they grow up and have to enter the real world. Well i'm finished. I vented, I feel better, but ban away.

MikeDX
October 16th, 2006, 15:11
Thanks the the entertaining post "WeepyChimp", I laughed.

WeepyChimp
October 16th, 2006, 16:38
You're very welcome sir. I would most like to be banned now. Oh , by the way, in case that one fellow still needs it. removed
that should get me banned nice and good. It is nice knowing that I have that power, to make a moderator actually think in his/her mind that I would be so upset when they ban me. If it strokes your ego and makes you feel supreme and powerful, then do it! Hey maybe you'll even impress some of your friends.

P.S.
Oh god I am BEGGING to get a typical reply from an internet message board tough guy. Gotta love the anonimity of the internet. Everyone can act tough. It's like the song goes, "you know the type, loud as a motorbike, but wouldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight."

Darksaviour69
October 16th, 2006, 16:48
if you don't agree with the rules of the forum why post here?

WeepyChimp
October 16th, 2006, 17:00
I would just be happy with a solid answer that makes sense, as to why people absolutely refuse to post any roms or BIOS, that is all really. For years now whenever I either googled something or used yahoo to find a file i would come across a message board, and there you have someone who just asks 'where can i find *******' and what type of responses do I always see? typical things such as: "read the rules asshole" "NO TALKING ABOUT THAT OR YOU ARE BANNED" they pretty much get chewed out. All I would like to know is WHY? I would be happy with a good reason. When I see those posts, I help them if I have whatever they were looking for. It seems like for whatever reason everyone is paralized by fear of what? i dont know? You obviously have the stuff on your own personal computer, so what is the problem here? That is why I'm posting here guy, to find out just what the exact problem is?

Darksaviour69
October 16th, 2006, 17:02
because its illegal, as is pointed out in the rules

but also there a loads of other sites that do support illegal stuff like downloading commerical roms etc, and we have no problem if you go there for that stuff (as long you don't link to such sites). But this site is about legal homebrew, and its going to stay that way.

WeepyChimp
October 16th, 2006, 17:20
still doesn't answer my question, I asked CAN you tell me why they're illegal? Not just copying and pasting those lame "laws about emulators" posted on every single rom site. and I really don't want to hear about copyrights, that is obvious. if I can just get a reason as to why a console that hasnt been produced in a decade, and why they would even bother? you seem to also be avoiding the other thing I said, can you sit there and tell me every game, rom, whatever on your PC is legal? Nope. You can't. it's just really hypocritical. I don't know the laws in Ireland obviously, but it just doesn't happen over here. Like I said, just some good solid reasoning and facts i would like, and ill apologize to everyone, and be on my way. It just seems like no one can explain anything. Why is it ok to have roms on YOUR computer then? but it's wrong to have them online ? emulation & roms would be barely alive if it wasn't for the internet.

WeepyChimp
October 16th, 2006, 17:42
additionally, how come you do not have a problem with Nintendo still insisting that emulators are illegal too because they promote the use of illegal commercial roms. Not trying to argue here, but I would really love to understand what the difference is ? I mean according to them: "The introduction of video game emulators represents the greatest threat to date to the intellectual property rights of video game developers." "Distribution of an emulator trades off of a company's goodwill and the millions of dollars invested in research & development and marketing by a company and its licensees. Substantial damages are caused to the company and its licensees. It is irrelevant whether or not someone profits from the distribution of an emulator." Are they right or who is?

Darksaviour69
October 16th, 2006, 17:57
The company still owns the right to the games/bios, even if they are not being sold. The company can and does sells old games on new consoles (sega ages, xbox arcade, virtual console etc). So its is stealing, and losing the companies profits.

also its not hypocritical if we follow the rules too, we do not say that you can't have them, we say that you can not talk about them here, which we don't. It is legal to make backups of software that you own, but its not legal to distribute that software.

emulators are not illegal and this has been proven in court a few times.

also like other material like books, the copyright runs out in 77 years (i think), so after that anyone can sell or distribute the software.

MikeDX
October 16th, 2006, 18:25
It is legal to make backups of software that you own, but its not legal to distribute that software.

emulators are not illegal and this has been proven in court a few times.

Show me the law (UK) that states you can make a backup.

This backup of roms for personal use and all that kinda crap might stand up in USA but it doesnt in the UK.

No "backup" is allowed. no 24 hour rule.

mr_nick666
October 16th, 2006, 18:25
Ive been waiting for someone to do this...! :D Alien vs Predator and Tempest are the ones to get running :p (all others are just a bonus!) :cool:

MikeDX
October 16th, 2006, 18:34
Dude this was released back in feb...

Darksaviour69
October 16th, 2006, 18:59
"Backup copies of computer programs are allowed which are necessary for the lawful use of a computer program, and again restrictive licence terms of that type are null and void under British law."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_law_of_the_United_Kingdom

yeah the 24 hour rule was made up balls

ACID
October 16th, 2006, 19:04
I cant believe ceaser left you off that easy. But in topic this is another great day for the psp thanks for the release. LOL i just realise this is the same old emu i have. Well i hope a new release will come out soon.:D

Baboon
October 16th, 2006, 19:17
I thought I'd give this a go ( I must have missed the post for the release in February) just to try out Aliens v Predator, but it doesnt want to work on my 1.5. ;( I've got the bios, plus I've created an eboot for 1.5, but all I get is a black screen?? ..Has anyone on 1.5 got it going?

mr_nick666
October 16th, 2006, 20:18
Dude this was released back in feb...

This one completely sidestepped me! :eek: Even searched for PSP Atari Jauguar and got nowt :( Hmm... No news is bad news in this case I guess - no updates.. :( I was moist at the thought of Tempest on my PSP too :rolleyes:

Baboon
October 16th, 2006, 20:48
Well I got it working but as already stated it is very, very slow. :(

Its a shame that nobody has done anything with this for ages (is this emulator now dead?), cause there are some games that are defo worth playing.