PDA

View Full Version : iris character problems

Stewie2280
February 17th, 2006, 23:41
i was bored so i decided to make afew players for iris but there were a couple problems like that model just showed up white same as the weapon i made em like this

1. downloaded the models and also advanced batch converter.
2. dragged the files from the models (tris.md2, weapon.md2) into a file.
3. convertered weapon.pcx to weapon.tga ( same with model but with different name.
4. dragged the tga files into the same folders as the md2 files.
5. put them into the iris folderthat is in the root of the ms.
6. started up iris and the characters look like what they are shown as in the pics

please tell how to get them to work so i can create characters and share them among people

p.s. the characters are darth maul and a machine called rhino.

PSPdemon
February 18th, 2006, 00:19
did you resize the model textures?

player texture is supose to be 256 X 256...

weapon texture is supose to be 136 X 136...

i use photoshop to fix them.. then resize canvas.. the change to a RGB color.. and whatever is not filled...fill it with black

if you are still having problems... upload the textures and ill correct them for you

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

( P.S.
if you want any model you have converted... pm me the model and ill convert it for you :D )

Stewie2280
February 18th, 2006, 02:34
wait the colors are rgb and the player texture is 256x256 and the parts a that are not part of the character are black...still not working ill post them

there are a droideka and darth maul (both from star wars)

i want to try and create a star wars type battle for iris

PSmonkey
February 18th, 2006, 21:40
I understand the problem.

Iris has a few texture limitations right now. First there is an issue with texture sizes on the psp. If the texture is not a perfect square divisable by 2 (and no larger then 256x256), the psp wont display them properly.

Now when saving the textures. You need to color reduce them and make sure it has fewer then 256 uniq colors (this easly can be done in photoshop). After that you need to save the image as 24bit uncompressed TGA image. This is where i think your textures were failing the first time (the code rejected the textures since it was not 24bit uncompressed TGA).

Hope that helps because thoes models look sweet. Mind if I throw them into the 0.15 buid?

Stewie2280
February 18th, 2006, 21:52
sure if gt them to work il give them to you

PSPdemon
February 18th, 2006, 22:57
Here you go...

I have converted the Textures to work with Iris!!! :D

I will say... i do like the player models ALOT!! good choice and hope you are sucessful in creating your mod!!!

If you need any more help...just contact me and i will be happy to help you

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

PSPdemon
February 18th, 2006, 23:26
By the way...

i save mine as 32 bit TGA format...and they work great.
what happens if i save in that format? is that what is causing the chug in my mod?

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Stewie2280
February 19th, 2006, 00:28
does photoshop 7.0 do the job right

and thanks for the models i plan to make a full star wars version of iris (the levels will be hard

PSPdemon
February 19th, 2006, 02:54
I use 2 programs to edit the textures....

1. Photoshop Elements
2. Faststone image

I use faststone to make a TGA texture and then open Photoshop to edit the TGA to make it work with Iris...The skin must be 256 X 256... the weapon must be within that size otherwise Iris wont read it...

Any way...any photoshop should work

if you need anymore help... just post here and ill help you to the best that i can...

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Stewie2280
February 19th, 2006, 05:41
im not getting anywhere with this i need a step by step tut

ps. sorry ive asked for so much

PSPdemon
February 20th, 2006, 22:29
im not getting anywhere with this i need a step by step tut

ps. sorry ive asked for so much

No Problem...you really havent asked much,

anyway, i am making a step by step tut. on

1. how to convert the textures for iris and

2. how to convert mdl to md2

havent really gotten much of the chance yet to make it but will do so...i am really busy till about May... but i will try to fit in some time into making a tut. for everyone who is interested in model conversion for iris :D

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

P.S. how did you do the screen captures? just wanted to know to show my halo 1 project screens...they are looking sweet :D i even have some reministic features on one of the maps that make it really feel like halo 1..

PSPdemon
February 27th, 2006, 05:05
Hey... How you coming along on your full star wars version of iris?

Just wonderin... i like to see how far you have come on your progress on the mod, sorry if this seemed to be rude... just its about 3 a.m. over where i am ( lol ) i was wanting to know about what kinda progress you made :D

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Kaiser
February 28th, 2006, 05:30
Yeah a Star Wars mod would be pretty tight it you ask me. A sort of Battlefrontish style game through the Iris engine.

Good Stuff! :)

havent really gotten much of the chance yet to make it but will do so...i am really busy till about May... but i will try to fit in some time into making a tut. for everyone who is interested in model conversion for iris

I'm looking forward to that. :D

Stewie2280
March 5th, 2006, 07:47
i downloaded a virus in a file and had to get my hard drive replaced (aghh) and another thing i updated 2.6 for the new games i got (street fighter 2 and mega man x) so i am not going to be doing anymore work on it sorry for anyones hopes i got up.

ps:sorry