PDA

View Full Version : ONScripter (18th Feb Release)

wraggster
February 18th, 2006, 01:13
The NScript-Interpreter for the PSP which lets you play Visual Novels has again been updated, more details and download at the official site --> http://blog.livedoor.jp/tormtorm/

AtariFreek
February 18th, 2006, 03:33
I'm Sorry To Ask This But What Is A Virtual Novel?

Junior
February 18th, 2006, 12:03
Every time I see this thing updated I keep asking myself -- when there will be some story out and announced along with ONscripter that isn't necessarily in Japanese?

Something that's not a cut down Demoversion? And not Narcissus? Is there more than 1 (one) $object to read using this ONscripter that's not in Janapese anyway? Or if it's for sale, at least something that can be bought worldwide without jumping through a dozen hoops?

Seriously, there's SO much ruckus about how great and cool all these novels are. But it's usually nowhere mentioned where to find some that aren't always in Japanese. I realise this is a Japanese concept and all, but for all it's worth - people got me interested only just to rub in my face that I can't speak Japanese. Great stuff guys.

So it's all for Japanese speaking/reading folks but,... hey, there's got to be somebody out there who cares? Somebody who could offer these stories not only in Japanese but maybe in 10 different languages? You're doing it with fansubs all the time! The open soruce approach to translating things works just peachy for so many apps out there, why not outsource translating instead of always keeping things under the invisibility cloak?

I'm addressing that bit above to those elitist people who usually reply to thoughts like mine and immaturely/immediately demand that one speaketh Japanese or be doomed to hell. Those elitists who can't be arsed to use what's between their ears for just a while and decide it might be a good idea to have a much broader audience for stories like this.

A lot more (and also good) content would be created for this ONscripter thing if this was a well known thing.

Sorry to be an ass. Somebody's always gotta be.