PDA

View Full Version : iR Shell v1.0

wraggster
February 18th, 2006, 02:19
Ahman (http://www.ahman.co.nr/) has incorporated his IR Commander into a new app called IR Shell, heres all the info:

<blockquote>What is iR Shell?

- It's a PSP shell.
- It's a multitasking switcher.
- It's an infra-red universal remote (iR Commander).
- It's a screen snapshot tool.

iR Shell allows you to launch application (UMD games or homebrew) via it's basic shell interface. The current version only multi-task between the launched application and the Shell/iR Commander. You switch task by pressing the the hotkey (Left Trigger+Select). For example, you launched a UMD game from iR Shell, playing through half of it, switch to iR Commander and change a TV channel, switch back to the UMD game and the game will resume at the point where you left.

You can also choose to take screen snapshots on any UMD games or homebrew applications. Unlike other currently available snapshot tools, this one is highly compatible to most UMD games and homebrews. A Bitmap graphics picture viewer is incorporated into the shell. Currently, it only supports 8bit or 24bit color with 480 x 272 resolutions only, ideal for viewing snapshots.

The built-in iR Commander is an Infra-Red Universal Remote Control software. It allows you to control various home appliances and other infra-red based equipments. It has built-in IR codes (Pronto Hex Codes) for over 2000 devices. If you can't find the one you need from the supplied IR codes, you can download additional codes from www.remotecentral.com. It has IR codes for over 6000 equipments. The iR Commander allow user defined remotes via RDF text files. It supports bitmap graphics and key macros.

Future version of iR Shell will incorporate more built-in functions into the shell and allow you to task switch between them. For example, task switch between UMD game / Music Player / Video Player / iR Commander, etc.

If you enjoy using iR Shell, please consider donate any amount of money via Paypal to [email protected] to help development.</blockquote>

Download via comments

AtariFreek
February 18th, 2006, 03:32
lol This Is Neat! It Works Great On My T.V.! Keep Up The Great Work!

Insane1
February 18th, 2006, 05:12
Ok. I can't make heads or tails of RemoteCentral.com

I'm just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for a philips TV Remote code...thing...

Help will be appreciated. (I've been waiting for something like this. My universal remote I was using for the TV died, and of course my older remote has buttons that respond 1 out of 10 presses)

urherenow
February 18th, 2006, 16:19
What do you mean you've been waiting? IRcommander was already up to version 0.8 before this came out. :p

Anyway this update is something I simply CAN'T pass up as IRcommander has already been extremely useful to me... add screen shots? HELL YEA!!!

EDIT: Screen shots take a good bit of time to save and your game or whatever gets 'stuck' while that's happening, but when it's done, your game fast forwards up to where it would have been (ie enemy movement, timers...) if it wasn't stuck by the screenshot. At least that's how it worked out using NesterJ and SMB1...

other than that, this still rocks! I wonder why this is the first homebrew with a homebrew .prx file (that I've noticed, anyway). Did the Author of this figure out something new to be able to make PRX files? I bet using homebrew prx files might open some more doors for 1.5 (such as the music, picture, and movie formats from newer stuff, or perhaps even more Kernal functionality with 2.0 or 2.1+?

Insane1
February 18th, 2006, 16:53
What do you mean you've been waiting? IRcommander was already up to version 0.8 before this came out. :p

Anyway this update is something I simply CAN'T pass up as IRcommander has already been extremely useful to me... add screen shots? HELL YEA!!!
>_>
<_<
I don't notice things. Sue me.
Anyways, still need a philips TV thing. I just can't navigate that remoteCentral site properly. Just some instructions on where to look on the site'd be helpful, actually. And knowing if I need a remote or TV model number...as well as where to find that information.

urherenow
February 18th, 2006, 17:42
oh... sorry about that. Download IRcommander 0.7 that zip file has roughly 2200 of the available codes and they are in separate/alphabetical folders by maker.

Insane1
February 18th, 2006, 19:19
oh... sorry about that. Download IRcommander 0.7 that zip file has roughly 2200 of the available codes and they are in separate/alphabetical folders by maker.
Thanks. I looked through all the philips ones, and I can't find one that works that well with my TV, though... Going to check around for the proper file. Found the model number for my TVs old remote, though. A Philips RCLU011 TV Remote Control.

Heres what was on the label inside the battery cover. Dunno which number to look for...

RC19335004/01
3139 228 86464
MADE IN CHINA
RCLU011
CP21 01346 C 015120

Wish I could post a pic of the remote...but I don't have a digital camera. As for the TV model number...no idea on where to find it...

Edit:
Never mind. the tv_pa3627c one works on the TV perfect.

GI_Josh
February 18th, 2006, 23:51
does this work on 2.0

urherenow
February 19th, 2006, 03:14
needs kernal mode for IR, so I'd say... Nope! Sorry 'bout that :/

Insane1
February 19th, 2006, 17:02
I heard that the GTA Exploit may have access to the IR libraries. But I'm not sure.

Hokusai
March 2nd, 2006, 22:42
So how does this work? Does it replace the firmware for PSP? :confused:

Madonion
March 3rd, 2006, 00:32
So how does this work? Does it replace the firmware for PSP? :confused:

what? no. its a shell like psp oss but just looks worse. but you can play mp3 with homebrew and UMD with this and it has a Ir remote built in aswell.

LAMPRO
March 14th, 2006, 18:43
new version is available with two dl zip files- one for the app and one for the hex codes.. found a bunch and loading/trying to make them work now..

heres the site- http://www.ahman.co.nr

thanks AHMAN!! :)

bug
April 18th, 2006, 05:48
How long do you think it will be until it works on 2.0 because i am not taking the change of bricking my PSP just for a remote control.

.:PSP1.0:.
April 18th, 2006, 08:45
How long do you think it will be until it works on 2.0 because i am not taking the change of bricking my PSP just for a remote control.

Man i know you hav'nt been here long so i'll let you know a few things.. if you want to downgrade your PSP and a bit worried bout brickin your PSP.. don't be! Cos as long as you follow the tutorials and use the files needed to do the downgrade, found on this website you will be fine.. This is one of the best, well known and trusted PSP sites just my 2cents anyway..

Also the IRshell is not only a remote control in fact it lets you play your MP3 files while your playing your homebrew and UMD's along side with many other features i recomend IRshell to ALL 1.5 owners! Although the most current version is the best (v1.4) :)

grin.ch
April 28th, 2006, 19:52
I still don't like this prog. Even the newest version doesn't really do anything that you can't do with another app. That's the prob w/ homebrew apps; everyone has the same ideas all the time. Nothing new. IR controller, file viewer, pic viewer, mp3s... blah. FA++ is the only one that stands out. Now that's an app worth having.

BENQ32X
June 13th, 2006, 02:49
Ir Shell Don't Work On 2.0 Or Higher

silentnite2608
September 17th, 2006, 18:43
Can anyone help making more remote control codes for the psp?
I really want to control my cable box.

pkmaximum
September 17th, 2006, 18:54
Lol V2.2 is out now, I think you are a little behind =P

And you can download RDF codes from IR Shell's home page www.irshell.com

silentnite2608
September 17th, 2006, 19:12
I know it out I using it.
I don;t see any codes write for the psp and my cable box

DPyro
September 17th, 2006, 20:31
Don't bump old threads :mad: