PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get geodata for the Philippines

iamnotafatso
March 24th, 2009, 15:16
Hello everyone.
I was just wondering if anyone knows where I can get the geodata for the Philippines? i already have the maps. I cant get the geodata from the GDML so if anyone knows any download link or alternative way please help.

fischauge
March 24th, 2009, 18:44
Well, I cant help you, but in many countries the geodata are not for free.

Good luck if you find something ;-)

reechardjohn
July 18th, 2009, 00:02
Hey,
I would suggest checking out www.wavgen.com, we used them for a huge project last year. They would definitely have the geodata for the Phillipines that you are looking for.

By the way we also needed to do 3D terrains and so used their Terramapper Pro software which allows you to load, model and render UV maps and textures using software like Maya, 3D Studio Max and Lightwave.

John

binhusc
July 19th, 2009, 18:34
Hello everyone.
I was just wondering if anyone knows where I can get the geodata for the Philippines? i already have the maps. I cant get the geodata from the GDML so if anyone knows any download link or alternative way please help.

You could create your own geodata in the Custom tab using a CSV file with the info of streets from Philippines. In Brasil I even don't know if this type of info exists, so I've created a CSV file and created my own geodata.