PDA

View Full Version : What Games are You Looking Forward to Most on PSP.

wraggster
February 19th, 2006, 00:51
The PSP has been out for way over a year now in Japan and at least 6 Months Worldwide and there has been some great games so far, but what games are you most looking forward to out of games that have been announced, for me Field Commander is looking great but any RTS game would be very welcome to me, i suppose Gran Tourismo for the PSP (whenever that finally comes out) is another killer app to look forward to.

Whats the game you are most looking forward to seeing ? (thats already been announced)

ryan2006
February 19th, 2006, 00:53
crisis core - Final fantasy vii if its like the original it will be emence :p

Xiofire
February 19th, 2006, 01:06
The New Metal Gear Promised By Hideo Kojima! And It Isnt Gonna Have That Awful Card System From Ac!d. RESULT!

-Xiofire

PsychoSync
February 19th, 2006, 01:11
Final Fantasy - Crisis Core!!!! I don't really play games on my PSP, I'm more into homebrew than anything else, BUT when FF-Crisis core is out, I don't care about upgrading to 2.6, I wanna Play!!!!

jOeBrO
February 19th, 2006, 01:12
mine was mega man maverick hunter X... but since it requires 2.5 and i think there is still no version changer or UMD loader or anything that will make it run on 1.5... i'm stuck staring at it in my room :(

HellHitZ
February 19th, 2006, 01:12
Dragonball Z: Shin Budokai

Oh and btw, the new MGS is an "interactive" comic book, nothing like the usual MGS games we are used to... sadly...

Voltron
February 19th, 2006, 01:51
There is a new Final Fantasy game from Square-Enix said to be released in Japan in April. The PSP title is supposed to be an all new entry in the Itadaki Street series, rather than a port.

Looking forward to anything from Square-Enix on the PSP

mine was mega man maverick hunter X... but since it requires 2.5 i'm stuck staring at it in my room :(

jOeBrO, that sucks. Do you or does anyone else know what other games REQUIRE a higher version than 2.00??? I'm sure a lot of people would like to know. This is another push for me to get a 2nd PSP to take hold of great upcoming games without abandoning homebrew.

geise69
February 19th, 2006, 01:53
Ys Ark of Napishtim
Capcom Classics Remix
Ghost n' Goblins
The recently announced Power Stone ports
Loco Rolo
Tekken
Gradius Portable would be another one but that's already bought. :D

mog
February 19th, 2006, 01:56
ff7cc!! the only game that might make me think about updating from 1.0 :p
hopefully they forget we are on fw version 8.0 or whatever we will be on by the time it's released here... hopefully they accidentally release it compatible for all psp's... maybe not.. :rolleyes:

Emeriastone
February 19th, 2006, 02:00
Metal Gear Ac!d 2... 3-D FX!!!!

VFerg
February 19th, 2006, 02:26
ya same here FF crisis core top of the charts for me, then Ide have to say the port of Breat of Fire 3 but I think I saw it out now? Im not sure Im from the US so I dont think it came here yet only UK or Jap. Then Ide go for Ys Ark of Napishtim.

JollyRoger
February 19th, 2006, 02:34
Final fantasy will be bought but I'd have to say DEVIL MAY CRY.

Fabrizo
February 19th, 2006, 02:41
Beyond anything else im looking forward to:

Daxter - Loved Jak II / 3 (though not so much the original or X), some of my fav games this generation. Ill upgrade for it in the event theirs no way to play on my 1.5 even (though I hope it doesn't come to that).

The other big ones I think are worth looking forward to, and why im looking forward to daxter more:

FFVII:CC - still has yet to have even one pic released
Power Stone Collection - Awsome games, but I have played them quite a bit already
Me and My Katamari - More of the same (not a bad thing, but not a good one either)

slayer2psp
February 19th, 2006, 02:51
FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 3
mx vs atv
gt

kayhanbakid
February 19th, 2006, 03:04
i was looking foreward to Star Wars Episode III but i will not upgrade past 1.5.

hopefully the flashmod or firmware laucher will save us all.

Lord_Rob
February 19th, 2006, 03:10
i want to see some good solid fighting games...not a franchise from already existing games...but a new good series of fighting games... but i would also like to see some tekken and soul calibur on it too

Wally
February 19th, 2006, 03:49
FF7, Tekken, Splinter Cell.

Most Definately M64

r2works
February 19th, 2006, 03:58
WORMS! lol and what everyone else said

shenske37
February 19th, 2006, 04:15
Dragonball Z: Shin Budokai
(hopefully it plays like 1-3, not tenkiaechi)

Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
(not confirmed for psp, but wouldn't suprise me if it came out for it)

Grand Theft Auto : ?
(whatever come out next for psp, probably Vice City Stories or something)

Festizzio
February 19th, 2006, 04:15
Tekken: Dark Resurrection, and Me and My Katamari! :D
Edit: Power Stone 1 & 2.

Farcicalname
February 19th, 2006, 04:24
There are two games I'm currently waiting for:

Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII, Love the Final Fantasy series, so this is a MUST!

Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection: Have played the arcade version, it's almost tekken 5, but still, it kicks ass! can't wait for this.

Maybe these are the titles who finaly makes me upgrade my 1.5PSP(I hope not). But anyway untill Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII is released, fanjita has probably cracked firmware 3.0(or whatever the firmaware is at that time) :D

Sumo X
February 19th, 2006, 06:17
Hmmm...not much, really. But if I had to pick some..

Powerstone Collection
Megaman Powered Up

masta_g_86
February 19th, 2006, 06:59
Couldn't care less...

Got a 1.5 PSP and I love all my homebrew games/apps, and so far, there haven't been any games to catch my eye.

teco
February 19th, 2006, 10:39
Grand Tourismo 4 ???? (the game that should be released with PSP but it's current status is TBA)

DC Comics MMORPG (working title that is )

Lego Star Wars II

FF 7 Crisis Core

Metal Gear Solid

Nono-O
February 19th, 2006, 10:54
Sonic !!!!!!!!!

feedback_bsr
February 19th, 2006, 11:21
Battlefield2: Modern Combat!

Pumped'Up
February 19th, 2006, 16:12
ULTIMATE GHOST'N GOBLINS
Capcom Classics Collection Remixed
Capcom Puzzle World

Capcom rocks!!!!

shadowprophet
February 19th, 2006, 16:34
yeap I would have to say ff crisis core.

But more then that. Im looking fowared to a time when the psp isnt treated as joke by developers. I want to see real games come out for the psp.
Not just ports of older games.
completely new stuff.
You know, I can diss Gta all day long, But at least they made it its own game when they done it for psp.
I want to see more psp games treated with that kind of respect by developers:D

And on a homebrew note. im really really looking foward to duke nukem 3d, with music and save state enabled, And even tho it wont happen, maybe even wify play, That would be the bomb:D

tryqus
February 19th, 2006, 16:48
I want a halfway decent RPG (If you mention Untold Legends I'll rip your head off). So its Monster Hunter Freedom for me.

-Tryqus

joelacrass
February 19th, 2006, 17:47
Castle vania symphony of the night !!!!

Mysteryman
February 19th, 2006, 18:17
Syphoon Filter,
Daxter
Power Stone Collection
Bust A Move
katamari Damacy
And a few others, why must there be so many good games. So tempting to loose my homebrew :(

Shiaoran
February 19th, 2006, 18:43
Maverick Hunter X2
I also want the first one, but I can't afford a second PSP nor want to lose my 1.5 :(

ryan2006
February 19th, 2006, 18:51
a good fps wood be gr8 sumthing like farcry or XIII dunno if these wood be good tho without 2 analog sticks wood probs hav 2 go wif the same controlls as coded arms

lilvietquoc
February 19th, 2006, 20:33
holy crap...if Maple Story was ported to the psp....that would make me rip out my hair and camp at the game store until it releases...:D

b8a
February 19th, 2006, 21:03
I'd wanted a PSP ever since I first heard about it a few years back, but usually I don't buy a system until there are some good games that I want for it. The PSP doesn't have anything that compelling yet, but I went out and bought one as soon as I learned that you can put your own software on it. Even though I first wanted it as a game machine, it's firmly become my homebrew machine and I doubt they'll release any games that'll make me want to give that up. Since all new games require 2.00+, I can't look forward to any new games because I know I wouldn't be able to play them anyway.

So for me, PSP2 is the release (not a game, I know) I'm waiting for the most. I'd be willing to buy a second PSP just for commercial games, but I'm not going to buy a carbon copy of a machine I already have. Not unless a slew of seriously impressive games were released for it.

Wow, I can't believe how many people here love FFVII. That game killed the FF series for me. I love all the 2D games but all of the 3D installments have been mediocre, at best, in my opinion.

koru
February 19th, 2006, 21:14
Gran Turismo, Of course !! .. i even will update my v1.50 ( because GT > Emulation )

Zephyroth_drgs
February 19th, 2006, 21:25
where is Gran Turismo????????
a true Final Fantasy like 7 or Tactics will do it
how bout some good dancing game like bust a groove?
a metal gear and talking about metal, a umd collection of metals slugs adhoc capable will be great
like ppl said a power stone capable of many players adhoc will be good too
:D :rolleyes:

Elsid
February 19th, 2006, 21:40
Fifa Street 2

Glade-kAmIkAzE!
February 19th, 2006, 21:46
Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core! :)

I love RPGs B-)

Neehwahs
February 19th, 2006, 22:59
We all know that RPG's are the best including some other racing games but the games I cant wait for would be like: Final Fantasy, Mega Man, Dragon Ball Z and all the old classics

Nad
February 20th, 2006, 01:38
I cant wait for Me and My Katamari to come out

NWalter
February 20th, 2006, 07:20
Amen to that, Watashi no Boku no katamari :)

Flipao
February 20th, 2006, 12:27
Isn't it funny how the most eagerly awaited games are all either remakes or new entries in classic series?

I mean come on, there's zero originality in gaming these days... not a single "new" game to be excited about :|

Flipao
February 20th, 2006, 12:29
I think once I'm done with the 2.0 games I'll revert back to 1.5 and stick to homebrew 4ever... I kinda feel sorry for Sony :P

IveGotThePawa
February 20th, 2006, 13:16
Any GOOD rpg will do the trick for me... its what handheld games are all about if you ask me.

Porl
February 20th, 2006, 18:08
Im waiting on Gran Turismo too!! The main reason i bought a PSP. :D

Im also looking forward to : Tekken, Ghouls and Ghosts, the splinter cell : double agenty game, and a nice RPG. I wouldnt mind trying FF although i've never played any of them.

Watashi No boku no Katamari is already out, i got it last month from Lik-Sang. I wanted it with the lovely japanese packaging. I cant trust the way english titles for most consoles get the raw deal with packaging. Nothing adventurous or in my eyes as cool looking as the japanese counterparts.

Porl''

IndianCheese
February 20th, 2006, 22:16
More platformers (Sonic, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, etc.). Wouldn't it be great if Sony decided to put the PS2 greatest hits onto UMD? Like Sly Cooper and all of those? I don't have a PS2, but I imagine that even if I did I would love to play them on the go.

shadowprophet
February 20th, 2006, 22:46
Not in any peticular order.
final fantasy tactics
chrono trigger and cross.
castlevania sotn
god of war
area 51
final fantasy 7- 12 , excludeing ff ix because of its rancid suckyness, however a decent mmorpg would be the bomb.
dragon quest 8
kingdom heart 1 & 2
------------------------

But those are all just remakes or ports, I want to also see, orig titles based on these games too.

I do find myself wonder tho, what are the odds of all of that happening :p

Corona
February 20th, 2006, 22:48
Worms
FF Crisis Core
Street Fighter 3 Alpha

Pumped'Up
February 21st, 2006, 01:54
Ultimate Ghost'n Goblins
Capcom Remix

ace 18
February 21st, 2006, 16:22
I am looking foward to the Devil May Cry for PSP!!!!!!!!!!