PDA

View Full Version : NEOGEO CDZ Emulator for PSP 0.1.6 (NeoGeo CD Emulator for the PSP)

wraggster
February 19th, 2006, 12:03
NJ (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/) has released a new update of his NEOGEO CDZ Emulator for PSP. (Neogeo CD Emulator)

Heres whats new: (Via translation)

Modification point: 0.1.6

* It corrects the zoom processing of sprite. Scroll indication of the Japanese stage of KOF'94 and of swordsman 1 of month
bloom It reached the point where reduction processing of the continuing picture is indicated in normally.
The picture of the トッププレイヤーズゴルフ and rally chase is strange still, is, but this completely
To correct, unless luster effect is made effective, it was unreasonable.
* When there is no config and a snap directory, forgetting that the processing which is drawn up automatically is made completely,
Being to be, after so long a time is, but it added.

Download via comments (anyone give a better translation please do ;))

babu
February 19th, 2006, 13:01
this is a very good emulator imo. + i also like the weekly update my NJ, lets me know that the developers is serious about his work. thanks NJ for making it and dcemu for posting about it :p

Voltron
February 19th, 2006, 15:18
An update almost every day from this guy. Thank you for your hard work. Anybody get Samurai Spirits RPG working properly yet?

The_Ultimate_Eggman
February 19th, 2006, 16:25
ANOTHER UPDATE JESUS !!!!! why doenst he hold off and do monthly updates instead of every other day as it seems ?

moogster66
February 19th, 2006, 16:49
At least he is working hard to give us a great emulator. Thanks NJ!

not here anymore
February 19th, 2006, 17:32
any one can compare this to Zerlucker's version?
What are the changes?
Later,

TSR

siulmagic
February 19th, 2006, 18:53
i have problems with evry neo geo cd it loading the same soud for all games evendo i have there mp3 tracks in neogeo.mp3 folder i also tried to zip the rom with neocd.mp3 folder in it and then it wont load the tracks eny help?

DeathEvil
February 19th, 2006, 19:07
siulmagic - make sure the tracks are named correctly. for instance for Last blade game make last blade folder, copy all data from ISO of the game here and make also here folder called "neocd.mp3". In this folder paste all mp3 files ex "Last Blade - Track 02.mp3" all the way thru the end. It works for me so yeah just make sure it's ok.

To the author - Thank you very much for this release, your emu is near perfect. In 333mhz mode almost all games run at 60FPS (metal slug2 can lag a little sometimes but it did even on my real neogeo cd so...). Your new version helped me with king of fighters 99 images while loading so big thanks to you.

Best Regards
DeathEvil

siulmagic
February 19th, 2006, 19:27
thx death evil but i was wondering i can do that with ziped games cus last blade uncompresed its 105mb and thas alot ziped is like 50mb with mp3 music in it but the thing is if i zip the game and the neocd.mp3 folder with it and all tracks it wont play back the tracks,also iv tried ziping games and putting all tracks in neocd.mp3 folder like this
x/psp/game/neocd/neocd.mp3 i put all games tracks in there but the games only play the first tracks that are in folder i just wana now if i can zip game and tracks and make it play tracks

Illegal Machine
February 19th, 2006, 19:36
An update almost every day from this guy. Thank you for your hard work. Anybody get Samurai Spirits RPG working properly yet?

I think ZeLurkers can make that game run.... that is if you speak japanese

Ive been actively testing this and the ZeLurker version on every release. and here are the differeces..

CDZ has a better control config layout.

Both have an excellent GUI

Zelurker plays faster,

CDZ looks better/ smoother

CDZ emulates the load sreen (which looks cool the first time you use it because its all authentic, but it ends there because its kind of annoying)

Zelurkers allows you to put the Mp3 files in the PSP/MUSIC directory (my idea by the way)

Zelurker has some little things that kind of upset me (like the fonts folder is in the file browser, so its like kind of super annoying to me) another thing that I thought was a little annoying was that Zelurkers emu had this tendency to delete your save file, which was really annoying when playing Metal Slug 2 because its supposed to remember the levels you've completed, and somehow that emu would just delete its own savefile, and forget everything it ever knew like every time.

By the way... I used to have Zelurkers emu as my offical neogeo emu, and switched to this one on the last release because it was at that point that it started being really really superior

I dunno , I can't think of anything else atm

if I do Ill post it

DeathEvil
February 19th, 2006, 20:18
thx death evil but i was wondering i can do that with ziped games cus last blade uncompresed its 105mb and thas alot ziped is like 50mb with mp3 music in it but the thing is if i zip the game and the neocd.mp3 folder with it and all tracks it wont play back the tracks,also iv tried ziping games and putting all tracks in neocd.mp3 folder like this
x/psp/game/neocd/neocd.mp3 i put all games tracks in there but the games only play the first tracks that are in folder i just wana now if i can zip game and tracks and make it play tracks

Here is the deal. You can zip all files from iso and it will play; however, the loading times will suffer and increase. Now about the tracks, you can't zip them because it will not play (anyway, you would not safe much space because mp3 format is already compressed). Yeah I know those neogeo cd games take some space so you might want to compress it; I don't really care because for now I have 2GB MS.

Good luck!
DeathEvil

Timale-Kun
February 19th, 2006, 20:34
The part wich isn't translated in the news is simply english written in katakana and it means "Top Players Golf"

nexus68
February 19th, 2006, 20:35

No, and mp3 format is already compressed so you will not gain of place.
Just zip all the game files and put all tracks in neocd.mp3 folder.
For exemple with game metal slug. Create a folder "Metal Slug" and put in this folder the zip file "Metal Slug.zip" and the neocd.mp3 folder

x/psp/game/neocd/Metal Slug/neocd.mp3
x/psp/game/neocd/Metal Slug/Metal Slug.zip

in the neocd.mp3 folder you have :
Metal Slug - Track 02.mp3
Metal Slug - Track 03.mp3
Metal Slug - Track 04.mp3
Metal Slug - Track 20.mp3

BTW the loading times with zip files is not important. I have 2gb MS however i zip all my games. :D

b8a
February 19th, 2006, 21:34
This is really far down the thread, so I doubt it'll matter to anyone, but... Here's a better translation of the release notes:

"There shouldn't be any major bugs lefts, but we'll have to see about that.
I've only tested some minor games and ones that used special processing, so if you find any bugs, please contact me.

What's changed: 0.1.6

-Fixed the sprite zoom processing. Scrolling in the Japan stage in KOF'94 and the shrinking effect in the continue screen of Last Blade 1 both now display properly.
Top Player's Golf and Rally's Chase still look funny, but in order to completely fix this, I've had to enable raster effects.
-I completely forgot to add processing to automatically make config and snap directories when they weren't already made, so, even though it's a little late, I've gone ahead and added this.

-----------------------------

State of Development:
-I think the trade off for more detailed screen drawing is that it's gotten a little slower.
-The execution speed is deffinately bottle necked. It's pretty vexing that the raster effects aren't running at a usable speed.
-I can't quite get a stable compile so I'm delaying the release of the source code. Sorry. Somehow I'll work this out by 0.2."

aries2k4
February 19th, 2006, 23:03
Thanks NJ for all your hard work. No rest for the wicked huh.
And thanks illegal machine for the comparison between the 2 emus for neogeo. I had been meaning to do some testing, just canīt find the time.

Voltron
February 20th, 2006, 01:56
I think ZeLurkers can make that game run.... that is if you speak japanese

Thank you for the comparison. That was indeed helpful.

Yes, I have Samurai Spirits RPG running on Zelurkers but even if you can read Japanese the text window is always BEHIND all other graphics/ sprites so it is obscured. Its like the layers are messed up. Other than that the game seems to play pretty well.