PDA

View Full Version : Hackmii News - System Menu 4.0 Rundown

wraggster
March 25th, 2009, 20:54
News from Hackmii:

I’ll keep this brief.

Nintendo, as expected, half-assed the SD feature by just automating the copy to NAND. No surprise there.
The IOS16 that warez users used to pirate is no longer an option, thank goodness.
HBC survives. So does DVDX.
They fixed the bug that the HBC installer and DVDX 3.4 installer use; time to bring out another one.
Twilight Hack no longer works. I’d like to remind everyone that this exploit has been in use for over a year. Whether it comes back or a new game exploit takes its place, I think we can say it’s served us all well.
No new problems expected with BootMii, other than needing a new exploit as mentioned above.

http://hackmii.com/2009/03/system-menu-40-rundown/

Graxer0419
March 25th, 2009, 21:37
The IOS16 that warez users used to pirate is no longer an option, thank goodness.
Finally, as long as nobody manages to find a new exploit, Nintendo can leave us homebrewers alone.:)

paul3100
March 26th, 2009, 18:56
Hmmm i don't like the fact the twilight hack has been disabled as thats what i use and if my wii goes down then im SCR***D!

paul

grossaffe
March 26th, 2009, 21:19
Hmmm i don't like the fact the twilight hack has been disabled as thats what i use and if my wii goes down then im SCR***D!

paul

install the homebrew channel and you'll never need to twilight hack again.

darkness angel 777
March 26th, 2009, 22:09
I installed the homebrew channel on my wii back when I was on 3.3 and then I formatted it and updated it to 3.4. I'm still on 3.4 and I'm wondering. Is the ticket still on my wii even after formatting?