PDA

View Full Version : FileFronts Farewell: Site will be indefinitely suspended on March 30th.

PSPdemon
March 26th, 2009, 03:35
As the topic says, FileFront will be shutting down it's site indefinitely on March 30th 2009.

Here's what it says on the site:

Dear FileFront User:

We regret to inform you that due to the current economic conditions we are forced to indefinitely suspend the FileFront site operations on March 30, 2009. If you have uploaded files, images or posted blogs, or if you would like to download some of your favorite files, please take this opportunity to download them before March 30th when the site will be suspended.

We would like to give a warm thank you to all of you who have been part of the FileFront communities we have built together. Your support has had a meaningful impact for all of us here at FileFront. Again, we want to give you a sincere “thank you” for your support over the years and wish you all the very best.

Keep gaming alive,

FileFront Management and Team.

http://farewell.filefront.com/

This is sad news to many and at such a short notice too. Wonder what other sites will be affected by the current economic situation.

Darksaviour69
March 26th, 2009, 04:32
I'm guessing its because the revenue from ads have dropped alot in the last few months, companies are cutting back and advertising is an easy one to cut out. Since there running costs would be high because of bandwidth, they really need the ad money, and so can't really adapt.

I would not be surprised if other "file" sites go down, and since alot of homebrew is hosted on "file" sites that could be bad news for the homebrew scene.....

Malksta
March 26th, 2009, 05:02
R.I.P. FileFront :( This is the end of all things good as we know it. The 21st century f*ck*ng sucks!

noname1
March 26th, 2009, 08:55
I hope they will replace it with a website that looks and does the same.
Such a shame. :(

Or this is a April fools day joke :P

newb_fo_life
March 26th, 2009, 16:27
This isnt good at all,ima be downloading everything off that site,brb.